Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Eastmans Article

For those of you who are interested there are two articles in Eastman's Hunting Journal this month about another member and I's antelope hunts from last September. The first one is on page 40 titled "Divine Providence" which details the taking of a buck that I scouted, missed and then ended up passing on later in the hunt. That buck scored just over 85". The second article "The Last Chapter" and is about the goat that I took that scored 88-4/8". I journal-ed that hunt from draw results to the first steaks last year in this forum. I was excited to make it in a mag, because as a young man I aspired to be an outdoor writer. I guess this feels like in some small measure I have accomplished that.

The hunt was filled with many CWT folks who contributed along the way and a couple who went all the way with me right down to the pack out (which was surprisingly difficult). So if you are interested take a peak at the Oct - Nov issue for thee full stories.

post-5618-0-93433800-1443663961.jpg

• Like 21

Guest 300ultramag.

thats a great ending to a hunt and then to end up in eastmans. congrats!

• Like 1

Congratulations Flatlander. Can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

TJ

• Like 1

I followed your posts for the whole hunt, it's very fitting to make the magazine. Five star all the way! Congratulations seems inadequate on such a top-notch effort and fantastic results as you achieved. Very awesome stuff!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. It was a thrill to share it with all of you along the way. And once I got out on the field, it felt like many of you were there with us waiting to hear about every day.

• Like 1