duckhunter175

Newbie Success!!!! (Pic Heavy)

What a great write up. Congrats on an awesome hunt guys.

Great story and great hunt you guys had! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you are ready for another one next year :)

Ernesto C

Awesome hunt!

Fantastic! What a great adventure! You really did your homework and it paid off! Enjoyed the story and the pics. Thanks for sharing! Congrats!

great story, thanks for sharing. Congrats on the VERY successful hunt!

That's a long drive! Glad you were able to get it done and get a great buck, Congrats!

Be safe on the way back home...

CONGRATS AGAIN!!

Pretty amazing how different our hunts went when we were only a few miles apart! We saw 2 spikes Opening evening, and then nothing other than does the rest of the trip. We took one and let the other go. Should have dropped him too, but everyone talking about good bucks I let him skate by.

Had yotes up close (10-15yrds) to camp before daylight, but they vanished as the sun rose.

Really glad you had success. Our camp went 1 for 4.

This is why CWT is the best forum I've been on. Nothing but great feedback from great members! That buck is def gonna go on the wall and it will be a great story when guys ask. Looking forward to doing it all again.

I've sat in my treestand twice since getting home to KY and it's just not the same staring at 100 yards of woods compared to literally miles of terrain.

lamrith-- Very different hunts!! but I can't imagine how things would have gone if we didn't see those bucks on that first evening. It seems that early October hunt just gets more difficult the later it gets. Need to give it a whirl again next year!

lamrith-- Very different hunts!! but I can't imagine how things would have gone if we didn't see those bucks on that first evening. It seems that early October hunt just gets more difficult the later it gets. Need to give it a whirl again next year!

Yeah we went up the road past were I think you were, that road was majorly sketchy given that wee were in a full sized, extended cab, long bed Dodge.. Our UTV blew a tire 2nd day and nobody in tucson had one. :blink:

Will send you a PM to caltopo map, finally see where we were in relation to each other.

Def seems like after 1st day success rate drops like a rock. We heard maybe 7-10 shots opening day, one or two second day and then nothing more the rest of the hunt, so was not only us to strike out.

This is our second choice hunt, but if we both get it next year we will have to hook up at least around the campfire one night.