Sign in to follow this  
shanehamblin

Dream Come True...

Well this has been along time coming, I've had the rifle itch for quite some time. Have been fortunate enough to kill some really nice bucks with my bow and got tired of waiting on a December tag so burned the few points I had on a October tag.

Well early September was here and I had the country picked out that I was wanting to hunt. A few scouting trips in and things were looking great. That was until I got a call from my buddy who had just glassed a giant buck. So a month until my hunt and plans had been turned upside down. Countless scouting trips and hours and hours of glassing I had not turned him up. There had only been one sighting of him.

Now my hunt has begun and day in and day out me and some good buddies burned the area up glassing only to find some smaller nice bucks but still not the big buck I was after. Now it was day #6 and me and my buddy hiked into a different area to help pack out another friends camp. Long hike but finally got back to the truck by 230 and head back over to try and find my buck by 330. With a storm moving in there were deer moving everywhere! Right away we glassed 5 bucks then my buddy said the greatest words ever, "I got him!!" I was on him right away and moving to set up to shoot. It is all kind of a blur until I heard the bullet connect. Thank the lord I didn't have to try and shoot again because I had fallen to pieces by now.

We made it to my buck in minutes in some of the nastiest country ever and he was everything I had hoped he would be. This could have never happened without the help of good friends and family. Got to thank willie an Brandon for helping me search for days even with their own tags and obligations. Thank my wife for hunting with me while she could and putting up with this while she also had a tag in her pocket as well. And thanks to justin for sharing all his knowledge and help. He's a big deer killing machine. Enjoy the pics and check out Justin's fb page called Premium Hunts and look at all the giant deer they kill. Thanks to everyone who has already connected me with kind comments.

post-3423-0-21250800-1446415507_thumb.jpg

post-3423-0-10303300-1446415344_thumb.jpg

post-3423-0-70866900-1446415606_thumb.jpgpost-3423-0-19874200-1446415754_thumb.jpg

• Like 20

Congrats man. I know you guys worked hard for that buck

Bruiser! Congrats!

Guest 300ultramag.

Congrats. Are you still running the crew cab? Curious how that pack transitions to pack out coues.

Congrats buddy. I am glad that the gun worked for ya so well. Again congrats on a stud.

Tremendous buck congrats!! and nice hat I don't care what everyone else said or says! :)

Ernesto C