palivs2hnt

October Coues: Finally broke into 100" club!

I went into this year planning on passing on the smaller bucks I always tend to shoot. I passed on close to 20 bucks before finding mine on the second day of the hunt. Glassed him up in a cut I had been wanting to check out. He was up feeding at 2pm with a smaller 3x3. I knew right away that I liked him! 505 yards on the range finder. I laid prone, dialed the vortex PST to 500 yards, made sure my good hunting buddy Kevin (who had killed a decent 3x3 the day before) was on him and let the 300 WSM 168g Berger drop him in his tracks! Super excited about his character and already itching to get back out with the bow in January. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Grateful for a great website like this one to share on!

post-2155-0-16404300-1450570003_thumb.png

post-2155-0-81192400-1450570015_thumb.png

post-2155-0-36587300-1450570053_thumb.jpg

post-2155-0-17212600-1450570066_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Nice buck,thanks for posting.

Justin what a stud Buck with awesome character...I'm glad to see you post him up...

• Like 1

Congrats again Justin, that smile of yours says it all!! I love the character & mass. Like the other guy said, I was expecting to see that posted up 2 months ago!!!

• Like 1

Very cool buck! Congratulations on getting into "the 100 inch club", what did it tape out to? Thanks for posting pictures of him.

Merry Christmas, and congratulations on a stellar buck. Making a shot like that, let alone passing so many bucks takes a lot of dedication and patience. I'm very happy for your hard earned success.

Great buck...great mass...great character!! Congrats!