lancetkenyon

7mm Rem Mag Memorial Build

Got my rifle back from Phoenix Custom Rifles yesterday after the finish inletting and bedding. Man they do a nice job. They opened up the barrel channel to fit and free float the contour of the Bartlein #3, opened up the bottom metal just a hair and bedded the bottom metal, bedded the recoil lug, action, and tang area.

Just in time to shoot it this weekend to verify nothing changed in my loads.

20161109_193642_zpsttwayot6.jpg

20161109_193729_zpsdfnjgiqs.jpg

20161109_193750_zpsioe41uaw.jpg

20161109_195559_zps5ajqvtsk.jpg

• Like 3

I am going to be starting some more load work. Going to try the Hornady 175 ELD-X.

Even though I know the Berger 180 Hybrid works very well.

20170401_105116_zpsd2he3f4e.jpg

Here was my 5 shot group at 802. 180 Berger Hybrid @ 2996fps

20170401_135029_zpsxdniux2b.jpg

20170401_135844_zps700igirx.jpg

• Like 2

Heck with those Hornadys. I would stick with the Bergers with them shooting that well.

Don't fix it if it isn't broken. I can't group like that at 300 yards, let alone 800. That doesn't look broken to me...

If your bored i will bring you my 300 win mag..... :)

Come on guys we all know Lance is bored!

With your tinkering with the ELD let us know. I would only say Ive seen just a few people have commented on here they work for them. The rest say they can't get them to work, or it takes alot of work to make it happen. I have one more load development with my 300 win mag and if I can't get a load on that Im switching to something else

Just a guess, but I think if you were able to hand that rifle back to your father in law and let him take it out and shoot it there would be a big smile on his face.

• Like 4

Just a guess, but I think if you were able to hand that rifle back to your father in law and let him take it out and shoot it there would be a big smile on his face.

This actually brought a tear to my eye. Thanks, I am sure you are correct. I hope to use it this year on my early rifle bull hunt and take a good bull. My daughter Taylor took the first elk ever with the rifle last year, a fat juicy cow. I am sure he was grinning ear to ear up there watching her take that cow.

• Like 2

Factory Remington BDL bottom metal. Cerakoted and skim bedded by Phoenix Custom Rifles.

Do you have the factory Mag box or an extend it one ?