Sign in to follow this  
daverp

Boquillas new rules / permit structure out

I was just kidding

But I don't understand, isn't a private ranch? Why shouldn't they be able to lock their gate and charge?

I'd like to see how everyone would like it if their neighbors started hoping the fence and walking through their backyard every morning and evening on their way to work. .

I live on a golf course, I wake up and see dudes stomping all over my yard, walking from back to front searching for their balls. Annoys the shoot out of me

When I read the political posts on here it's pretty obvious this forum is loaded with republicans. When I read a post about private land (rights) on here a bunch of democrats pop out of the woodwork. I'd even go so far as to use the "S" word. You can't get much more left then thinking that you have any right whatsoever over someone else's property.

• Like 2

Trophy Hunter ,I feel bad for those people that lost threir balls. How would You feel I would be looking too. That would change My life........BOB!

• Like 1

If it is a public road (maintained and numbered) there should not be a gate on it. The rancher can fence and/or post both sides of the road that he owns and keep everyone off his land. No stopping, no parking, etc.

G&F really needs to just give this ranch its own unit number and specific tags.

• Like 3

I just looked at the parcel map of this area, what a mess. Checker boarded all to heck. I am not sure how we can have ownership of property like this? Doesn't make sense other than to block access and that's exactly what is being done deliberately and for the least amount of money possible. No private property should ever be able to block reasonable access to surrounding public land period. We should have a right of way I.e. public road no parking, stopping, etc and let the ranch lock the rest up.

• Like 2

Private land is private land. They can charge what they want when they want. The $500 fee won't even come close to paying the taxes on their land.

Hopefully they pay taxes. Who knows today. The federal government backed off of Nevada rancher Bundy who is not paying grazing fees.

Everyone should agree that they can charge for access to their deeded land. Locking public roads is a different issue

• Like 2

Everyone should agree that they can charge for access to their deeded land. Locking public roads is a different issue

Agreed. But that's not the main issues most have with this.

Anyone know the FR number that would be locked to block this ranch off???? I just want to look at the area on maps and find a clever way to access the State land that would be blocked????

youre wrong on bundy. There are "NO" grazing fees involved. His grazing permit was invalidated decades ago and he never removed his cattle. What he owes if anything, is fines. He has tried to pay grazing fees every year and they won't accept em. And He never blocked access to public land. What folks here don't like is having to pay access fees to land that is half public and has public funds used to maintain the roads. Lark

• Like 2