Hucker

Card Hit - 2016 style

Dang boys, don't you read? They are finalizing up the Boquillas Ranch deal today I heard, and as soon as that is in hand, "Let the clouds open and tags results start pouring in!"

Don, I'm just not quite understanding how the Boquillas deal will change the draw. If no deal is favorable, will the number of tags in that unit be reduced? I know they cannot change the applications to show different hunt choices this late in the ball game and the regs did warn everyone about this.

• Like 1

can you imagine if there is no deal...g and f will i bet call everyone who put in for that first choice and let them re pick...then elk season will be over by the time the draw starts....hahahaha

• Like 2

Amanda should change this box to Reply to any topic, or Feel free to change the topic, or extra post points if you change the topic and IOP's respond to your changed topic.

PS Concerning the bs ranch deal, FOLLOW THE MONEY. ;)

When I leave meat in the fridge for a week it smells rotten?

You can't let it sit in its own blood... it has to be hanging or put it in ice chests packed with ice and tilted on a angle and keep the drain plug open to let the blood and melted water out...

• Like 2

You can't let it sit in its own blood... it has to be hanging or put it in ice chests packed with ice and tilted on a angle and keep the drain plug open to let the blood and melted water out...

No kidding, cool.

• Like 1

has to drain... leave it in a cooler with dry ice for 7 days with the drain open so any blood will drain out.

hot air rises cold air falls ( you already know /knew that) put the dry ice on top but use something so it is not directly on the meat, ie. a tray or something.

also when in your fridge it can pick up foreign odors... if your going to do it in a fridge make room in your beer fridge, but make sure it can drain off the blood.

james

• Like 1

Dang boys, don't you read? They are finalizing up the Boquillas Ranch deal today I heard, and as soon as that is in hand, "Let the clouds open and tags results start pouring in!"

Don, I'm just not quite understanding how the Boquillas deal will change the draw. If no deal is favorable, will the number of tags in that unit be reduced? I know they cannot change the applications to show different hunt choices this late in the ball game and the regs did warn everyone about this.
I think the problem is they planned on a certain number of animals to be taken out of unit ten when they made the tag numbers. From what I understand a lot of the animals are on the ranch. If they give everyone tags and they can't hunt the ranch they are gonna wipe everything out elsewhere in unit 10 thus causing problems in the future. If they don't come to an agreement I'd assume they will drop tag numbers and to be fair they are gonna have to call every one that put in for it and ask if they want to stay in for that choice or change it. I'd be pissed if I expected 100 tags and then there ends up being 50 when they draw. But if they end up doing that I'd imagine that's gonna take many many days. Think we're still in for a long wait.
  • Like 1

Bitch fest? Protest??

I don't care what kind of struggles the chef goes through to make dinner, as long as the table is set by 04/22, I'm good.

I'll try and be more sarcastic and type in a different tone of voice so no one actually takes anything typed here too seriously.