Sign in to follow this  
DesertBull

Diamondbacks.....what are you thinking

Good bye - nobody will miss you, You suck anyways. So tired of these over priced sports teams trying to pull some kinda rank.. If you and the retared Coyotes go bye..bye makes my job so much easier .. I hate going too both these shi! Holes anyways .. Good riddance.!!!!!

How old is wrigley? They still have wooden bleachers. And pack the place. Chase it too old and not hi tech enough? What do they want? Lark

I think the dbacks need to do more winning than whining. If they were a continued contender each few years, great then a new stadium, until then develop more talent.

The D-backs are already asking for a new stadium. Unbelievable.

the county's assessor (not the Diamondbacks) said they need 187 mil in repairs.

the 4th oldest stadium in the national league.

since the inauguration it has brought 8.2 billion in revenue.

tax payers spent 247 mil and the diamondbacks spent 200 mil when it was built

they want to stay.. they want to redo the stadium remove 10,000 seats.

if the county can't pay for it they should be able to find other investors, just do an addendum to the lease so they can look elsewhere for $ (not to move) .

downtown phoenix needs them to stay... they may pitch in.

if the county is breaching the contract then they suck! They are supposed to do the up keep on the building and if they breach and leave maracopa county tax payers with an empty building shame on them.... get it figured out.

If they screw it up they will go to SRIC to get a new stadium built

James

Funny all of the comments 'money', 'high priced this, high priced that', 'nobody will miss you', 'overpriced sports team pulling rank (that's the best one, I think... lol) etc. etc.... Haters definitely are gonna hate, I suppose. Makes me laugh. ;)

Has anyone besides James and a couple of others tried to understand before jumping on the wagon? lol He has tried too lay it out simply. It is not 'the D-backs being greedy' or anything else. It is simple business. The county has a contract with the D-backs, and they are NOT in compliance! Simple as that... Are any of you business owners? If you were, and an entity that you had a contract with blatantly broke it, what would you do??? Too funny....

S.

• Like 4

If the team can make it without being subsidized by the government, it is a viable business. If not, it is just another social program suckling at the public's teat. Pro sports teams who need government assistance to survive are as economically vile as solar subsidies.

• Like 1

If the team can make it without being subsidized by the government, it is a viable business. If not, it is just another social program suckling at the public's teat. Pro sports teams who need government assistance to survive are as economically vile as solar subsidies.

It's not a subsidy. It is a business deal. ;) Maricopa County is majority owner in the stadium and has made LOTS of money off of the franchise (no suckling here....). They made a deal for maintenance and upkeep. Very lame if for no good reason they now decide not to follow through.

As a taxpayer in Maricopa County, I'm not saying that I agree with the deal that was made with the D-backs. That is not what is in question here though.... The county should keep it's commitments, IMO.

S.

Why do they want to remove 10,000 seats?

because they don't sell out- ever. More operational costs when there are more seats. Also, a stadium feels alot better when its full.

I wonder if the cardinals will need a new stadium in 8 years.

i bet a deal gets done to move them to DT Phoenix in the next 10 years. Should have been there to start with.

• Like 1

Bring back Kim. I like that. At least it would make things exciting....LOL. Then they would have a $25 Korean hot dog for sale with soy sauce..............BOB!

Greinke along with bullpen could make the season interesting this year. I know I plan to attend. I'll pay good money for good seats to watch great pitching. Long live the Diamondbacks!

• Like 1

Ya, at least they are making an attempt to make the team good, unlike the Suns...............Bob!