Sign in to follow this  
WhtMtnHunter

Unit 33 Goulds

Hi, I drew a Goulds tag for 33 and am heading down next week to scout a little. Have hunted 33(northeast side) for 15+ years every January for coues and javelina but haven't seen a turkey. So am planning on heading up towards Summerhaven and trying to find them a little higher than average javelina country. Not looking for someone's secret spot but just some general areas to check out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

was helping on a hunt last year. we found them on both sides of the highway when we got into the pines & there not very many roads. u can shock from the highway before the traffic starts. try around & behind the ski lift. we contacted the Tucson chapter of the WTF and they were very helpful! they even met with my buddy one weekend & showed him around. great people. I will tell you this...hunt during the week if you can. the tree huggers up there do not want you there & will do what they can to stop you or disrupt your hunt! good luck!

• Like 1

WhtMtrHunter...he harvested his bird on the 2nd morning. should have been over the 1st day but things just happen. got to enjoy 2 days of gobbling & strutting though.

If you go around the backside, up by Peppersauce and that area, you can probably get away from the weekend hikers better. There should be birds up in that area, too.

• Like 1

Never hunted them, but I've seen them as low as milepost 12 on Reddington Rd Far East side and as high as Bear Wallow campground west of the Az Observatory off of Mt Bigelow Rd.

Thanks for all the replies! Hopefully I will be able to post some success pics in a few weeks.

muledeerarea33? - there is an archery only hunt in the Rincons, however my hunt is limited to north and west of Reddington road.

Tell G&F them tree huggers are harassing You and have them arrested....Good luck I'M at 10 points..........BOB!

Tell G&F them tree huggers are harassing You and have them arrested....Good luck I'M at 10 points..........BOB!

Who needs that many points??? ;)

Brian

• Like 1