Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

What bow to get?

I said I'd treat myself to a new bow if I drew another archery bull tag, well I drew one!

I know it's not so simple of a choice, but looking for input from you archers. So let's hear it guys, what should I get and why?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and input.

Couestracker

Congrats on the elk tag!

I've had the urge to buy a new one the last couple years, but just can't find one that makes deer deader than the one I'm shooting now, so I stick with old faithful. I think it's pretty hard to find a bad one anymore, there's so many good brands with good models.

Don't pick the bow, let the bow pick you.

• Like 3

Don't pick the bow, let the bow pick you.

What he said.

I have been shooting Hoyt for years and continued to buy them even after the later models didn't feel good to shoot. I just went into Ross and shot several and walked out with a Prime Rival. I doubt the quality is any better than any of the other top end bows but it felt good.

well, i'm a budget guy, so.....

everything i suggest is going to be less expensive.

what are you shooting now?

there's quite the variety of bows that will kill elk. we've gotten so picky, it almost sickens me sometimes. i think my next bow may be a stick bow.

i haven't actually heard anybody say, "i hate my new bow" in a long time. i think it just boils down to, what makes you feel good inside.

I have had them all. Was a bowtech guy for years. But Obsession bows are simply without equal. They are ao much better than any others. Whatever you do dont get a hoyt lol.

• Like 2

I have a Jennings bow I horse traded for, it's my first bow. Only killed javelina with it. Have hunted elk and turkeys with it, but no success. It's heavy and bulky.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!