Sign in to follow this  
Rombo

Who is going to New Mexico

Turkeys must pay for their sins in New Mexico this weekend... I will be there for the 25th year in a row!!

• Like 4

Turkeys must pay for their sins in New Mexico this weekend... I will be there for the 25th year in a row!!

Lucky S.O.B. !!!!!

Good luck & have fun!!!!

Well it was crazy weather week in New Mexico for the opener. Very high winds and one day of non-stop snow storm... Hunting was fabulous as always. The last photo is my bird that was taken at less than ten feet. Notice the neck and head are only held together by a little skin. The other two birds we called in and harvested on Friday morning... I love New Mexico!

post-2625-0-25766300-1460997884_thumb.jpg

post-2625-0-36772800-1460997907_thumb.jpg

post-2625-0-63526500-1460998618_thumb.jpg

post-2625-0-11141200-1460998637_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Awesome! Gotta love Turkey hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love hate post!!!! Congrats, bummed I couldn't get out there this year! Nice job Rombo

Actually, the last bird is a Merriam's and you are not the first person to ask me! This is the whitest Merriam's I have ever taken. Well north of Reserve, so no chance at a Gould's.

• Like 1

Those are some pretty birds. Can't wait a few more years till I retire ,I will be over there alot. I got the best kill story from 9-10 years ago over there.Proved all the experts wrong on what happend. Called 2 Toms away from the flock that was in AZ. they crossed the river , crossed a fence , up a small hill and the State line into New Mexico and Boom ,Bird down at 15 feet. If wasn't so hung over , would of thought to kill the second one too. What great few minutes. The Birds did everything all them Yahhooos from back east say they won,t do on their shows.................BOB!