1denogean

viewing trail camera pics in the field

how are you guys viewing your trail camera pics in the field? I have always used coverts and never had a problem looking at them in my digital camera. well this year I have decided to purchase a few different brands and try them out. problem is I didn't understand that in 3 of the few I bought you cant put your sd card in your digital camera then back in your trail camera, it just wont take pics because it reformats the card. are you guys lugging a lap top around? I reformatted the cards on my computer and cameras worked great now, well another lesson learned I had a camera out for almost a year and went to check it and found this out which sucked but oh well. make sure your cams are taking pictures before you walk away from them it will save you some tears when you get back to them thinking its Christmas day

I use micro SD cards with adapters and transfer pictures onto my phone's internal memory at the camera site, then I have a backup too.

Small lightweight laptop. Bought a used warrantied one. Just so nice to see pics large and instantly store in organized files for later, delete, share etc.

• Like 2

i just use a wildgame viewer. not great quality but lets me see whats going on if I need to adjust the cam or pull it and move to new location. works with the different cams that I have. I always swap cards and bring em home to look over on the computer... but absolutely can't wait to view them in the field!

James

I use an 8" low cost tablet that has an SD slot. Got it on Black Friday. It's really all I use it for

• Like 1

I haul my regular laptop. Some small laptops and tablets lack memory to download multiple SD cards full with pics.

I used to use digital camera, then went to iPad with sd card adaptor but that doesn't have enough memory and takes forever to download the pics. So now I just used the laptop.

we are now using micro SD cards, have a small tablet I can do a quick view in the field- see if it's worth keeping the cam in that location or moving. Always swap out cards so I can take closer look at home.. Good and cool pics I save to a thumbdrive, dump the rest. Tried the camera thing, didn't like it. had a cheap viewer but took forever to load and view pics

I use a laptop.

In the past- I had been gifted one of those cheap digital picture frames. I used that for a while. Small and lightweight and accepts all SD cards.

I bought a little Nextbook 9 from Walmart for $79. I have a little adapter I plug in and download the SD cards then I format the cards and install back into the camera, The 9 inch screen is a good size for viewing the pictures in the field and the little Nextbook is small and compact.

• Like 1

Moultrie game viewer for field viewing.

Swap cards if saving pics, then post on laptop at camp.

I do like Scotts idea! Looks like it's still $79 at Walmart