ctafoya

Cats

A have a tweaker neighbor a few houses down that has a bunch of cats. They torment my poor stupid pug, but that's his fault for being a sissy.

Now we have a real problem. We recently have redone our backyard with planters and all sorts of things my wifey thinks are pretty. There is one can in particular that thinks it's ok to lay on all the flowers, flattening them out, and climbing into our hibiscus and breaking branches.

Trapping him has been unsuccessful. Talking to the tweaker neighbor is pointless. My wife has ordered me to "deal" with the cat. Any other suggestions on how to keep the cat out. Big dogs are not an option. They crap too much.

Have you complained to anyone about it? If not, good. Sometimes they run away. Cats die all the time if they get outdoors. Coyotes, big hawks, golden eagles, mountain lions, killer whales, ect. If it were to disappear, there are so many ways it could have happened...

• Like 9

I wouldn't feel right killing them but I would feel fine trapping them and taking them to animal control (or call animal control). Maybe they will give citations to the tweakers and possibly cart there rear ends off to jail.

If you don't want to go to jail and or complete animal cruelty classes and pay for vet bills. Get a haveaheart trap and canned Mackerel. Trap them and relocate them at least 10 miles. It can be kinda a slow process but it's legal and effective.

• Like 1

If you don't want to go to jail and or complete animal cruelty classes and pay for vet bills. Get a haveaheart trap and canned Mackerel. Trap them and relocate them at least 10 miles. It can be kinda a slow process but it's legal and effective.

I have used this method very effectively. I don't have a problem knocking off a feral or stray cat that causes havoc in my yard, but I don't need Sheriff Joe knocking on my door. Cheap cans of wet cat food and traps worked like a charm for me. Every morning I put the traps in the back of my truck and drove the cats 19 miles to work, which was an industrial area in Tolleson. Let em go and never saw them again.

• Like 1

I have used this method very effectively. I don't have a problem knocking off a feral or stray cat that causes havoc in my yard, but I don't need Sheriff Joe knocking on my door. Cheap cans of wet cat food and traps worked like a charm for me. Every morning I put the traps in the back of my truck and drove the cats 19 miles to work, which was an industrial area in Tolleson. Let em go and never saw them again.

This.

Harbor Freight medium trap. $20 and works great. We had the exact same issue with a next door neighbor. I keep my bass boat covered tight as a drum in a covered area on the other side of my house. Cats would still figure out how to get under the boat cover and cause major issues. Called the county, the city of Phoenix, then the humane society. They wanted $91 a cat if I dropped them off at their place. They then suggested that I bring them in so they can spay/neuter them, then place them back in the same neighborhood. HF trap with wet cat food. Trap still works as well as it did on day one.

They can be alittle trap shy but there are a few little tricks. I cover the whole trap with a towel. I ll cover the floor with cardboard all the way to the trigger. I read somewhere they don't like to walk on the bare wire floor

• Like 1

A big no to the antifreeze idea. Sheriff Arpaio puts people away for that. You can legally kill your own animal/pet. Adopt it. I think if you feed and shelter it for 7 days it becomes yours. I will find the law.

first thing i would have done is NOT post this thread......

• Like 4