trphyhntr

Would you shoot this bull?

Ok thanks for your input.

Am I off on this assumption? Wondering if anyone out there has chronological pics ever couple weeks of any Bulls on trail am? We used to raise elk so I watched them grow all summer but they were also captive so their diet was certainly different. Any input?

I would guess that bull doesn't really have any "surprises" left in his growth. i agree with the 310-320" 5x6. he is ahead of a lot bulls on growth, but doesn't look like he has a lot left in the tank. couple inches on all his points and mainbeams is all the growth he'll put on IMO. his 5X side is a little palmated at the end though. he might squeeze out a small 6th point on it

• Like 6

That bull would not be on my hit list on any hunt, That being said if he comes by on a late archery hunt he probably would get an arrow. He is not a very big bull score wise. Very cool bull though.

I seriously doubt he will be growing a lot more, each tine is showing signs of pointing out, very little growth is left. His beams will have some but I would bet that is about all.

• Like 1

That elk can still grow quite a bit in the next month, even if his 5ths and beams are skinny, you only get points for length back there...

Very good comments. I know pictures are deceiving from some I have of our bulls but it does appear his main beams might end up shorter than normal which wouldn't surprise me with this being a "dry year" so far.

From the pics his nose seems small and he still has those light rings around his eyes like a young bull. He looks like a real young bull to me.

With that being said, I'd shoot him opening day

What about him?

i think that is going to turn into a good bull. really good G1's,2's and 3's. back end still really knobby so he has a lot of growth left. he will end up bigger than the bull in the OP for sure.

Longshooter. No raghorns if Your My friend.............lol.........................BOB!