Sign in to follow this  
TRKHNTR

GLASSING CHAIR OPINION

A foam pad you can strap to your pack. Lots of places you want to glass from are no place for a chair.

cabelas has one for 10 bucks that is great....I have 2 of those for my boys. its back by the sleeping bags. I use one from REI that is only a few ounces and is great. I use to use a butt pad all the time but started killing my back..small chairs are great

cabelas has one for 10 bucks that is great....I have 2 of those for my boys. its back by the sleeping bags. I use one from REI that is only a few ounces and is great. I use to use a butt pad all the time but started killing my back..small chairs are great

I use this one..

Really light and has a shoulder strap

21610345471_3b331f4fa9.jpg

Foam pad for hiking, or fold out stool when near the truck.

Throw the pad on a stump or rock for added elevation and comfort.

Or my $50K elevated hunting stool...

037_zps6dcd7da5.jpg

• Like 2

I use a small tripod type chair, basically looks just like a walkstool. Very easy to carry in the pack and great for the price.

$7-8 at sportsmans.

• Like 1

A buddy of mine just got me a Hunter's Specialties Strut Seat.

I've yet to use it out in the field, but it's comfortable and low to the ground. Not sure if this is something I would take long with me on hikes, but would be great for setting up a stand for some coyotes.

• Like 1

walkstool xl...super light and all day comfort...all else to heavy to pack

For hike in glassing, the walkstool is the bomb. I've used many different seating devices over the years, most lightweight options don't hold up. The walkstool does. A pad is good too ......... if your back can take it for hours on end. Personally, I like the large (not XL) as it adapts to uneven ground better than the taller version.

• Like 1

Pad all the way. Lighter, easier to pack and the ground is a steady a glassing platform there is...

• Like 1