Whatever the flavor of the month is...they're all adequate and all precise. All get their legs stretched regularly.

Three 308 wins and one 280AI. Forgot to include the 6.5x284 in an A5.

Dam !! Nice spread !

Try a small caliber with a Barnes ttsx or tsx at high velocity and get back to me.

Trust me in this.

Correct on the monoliths. The MTH CEB is a monolith, hence the little loss of meat.

308 Nut, you're right any flavor is OK. I respect all of your choices and would not insist on any specific cartridge.

Best wishes to all of you on your upcoming coues hunts!

If I receive a left over deer tag I'll use the TRG-42 in .338 Lapua, 3.5-18X (300gr Berger @ 2,722 fps or 285gr A-max @ 2,885 fps) if hunting an area of high ridge tops but if we decide to hunt the deep brush filled valleys I'll use the Montana AVR in .416 Rem Ultra Mag, 1-5X (340gr MTH CEB @ 3,010 fps or 400gr Partition @ 2,606 fps). Still awaiting my .338 Win Mag Savage barrel and the new Hawkeye 7mm Rem Mag is not dialed in yet because of several long trips.

sigmund freud would have something to say about this.

Nw07heavy,

Good luck getting a tag.

If you do and kill, post some pics up please.

Gotta hand it to ya shooting long distance with a big boomer, takes a lot of practice with the recoil.

Hope ya get one.

Titanium 700, Thanks. I've been hunting since high school in 1967 starting with a .338 Win Mag which I still have and use, got drafted in 1970 and fired M-16s through .50 BMGs, and have continued to hunt to this day. I just enjoy the very interesting and unique spectrum of firearms crafted by so many talented gunsmiths and artists. Why not enjoy the arms you own? I enjoy everything from muzzle loaders to .50 BMGs. Good luck to you in your hunt also.

• Like 1

This will be my first coues hunt ever. I drew a 35B early November tag. I'm going to be taking my trusty old 243 Win. Details are in my sig. In the next month though, I plan on putting a new EGW Picatinny Rail, Vortex Precision Match Rings, and a Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44 rifle scope on my rifle. My old scope will be going on a new AR-15 build I'm working on. Here's a pic of it as it is.

20160530_204550_zpsornexlho.jpg

My experience tells me that you can use anything from a .223 and up for these, it is all about placing your shot.

There is a plethora of rifles and calibers out there. personally, I will never stray from Remington 700s or 7s. I've used .243, 22-250, 280, 270, and 30-06 in the 700. My current gun is a Remington Model 7 in 7 SAUM. Best deer (coues and mule) gun I've had.

I have only downed two coues with guns that were not Remington 7/700. One was with a Mossberg .223 when I was about 13 and another one last year with a Remington 7400 30-06 in Mexico since I could not take my own gun across.

Remington model 600 6mm rem. grandpa gave it to me and its continues to be a killer every time. My favorite rifle by far.

I should be finishing up my 6.5 Sherman Short build very soon.

Stiller Predator Action,

26" 1:8 Proof Research carbon wrapped barrel.

Gunwerks Magnus stock with bedding block and recoil lug wedge system.

Timney 2 stage trigger,

Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 F1 scope

Hoping to get 3100 fps with the 160 matrix out of a true short action. (No Wyatt box required)

• Like 2

I should be finishing up my 6.5 Sherman Short build very soon.

Stiller Predator Action,

26" 1:8 Proof Research carbon wrapped barrel.

Gunwerks Magnus stock with bedding block and recoil lug wedge system.

Timney 2 stage trigger,

Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 F1 scope

Hoping to get 3100 fps with the 160 matrix out of a true short action. (No Wyatt box required)

Please post pictures of Frankenstein soon.

Youth hunt all three of my boys will be shooting Rem 700's in 270 Win. Rem 700 ADL, BDL and Mountain Rifle. Two with Vortex scopes and one Leopold.

Quick update. Got my AR-15 99% complete. I'm still waiting on my trigger. I also got the new scope and rings in for my coues gun. Here's a pic of both now that they're done.

Howa 1500 243 Win

20160805_062228_zpsgbgv5znp.jpg

223 Wylde

20160802_172227_zpsy33jg2th.jpg

• Like 1