Just built this bad boy towards the end of last year. It's shoots dime sized groups at 200 yards with little to no recoil. 6.5 Creedmoor topped with Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50.

post-5901-0-31998800-1468508246_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

What was your total cost on that 6.5? I am thinking about building the same thing. Have you had any trouble feeding? Did you use an adjustable gas block?

What was your total cost on that 6.5? I am thinking about building the same thing. Have you had any trouble feeding? Did you use an adjustable gas block?

I have not had any trouble with feeding. It's smooth as butter. Yes, it has the jp adjustable gas block. I'm an FFL dealer so I got all the parts at wholesale, so my price was a bit lower than what most would pay. All and all I'm about $1400 in it not including the scope. I used top of the line everything in this thing, including trigger and barrel, so it could be done for less.

I'll sell it to you if you want.

• Like 2

Does anyone have a Tikka T3 lite in 270 wsm? Or 270? I'm considering getting one and am curious how hunters like them? Pros / Cons? Effective range for Coues? Etc.....

• Like 1

yep I got tikka t-3 light 270wsm and love it. great gun and I'm shooting 130 gr rem factory core lokt with great results out to 700 yards. very happy with this gun.

Does anyone have a Tikka T3 lite in 270 wsm? Or 270? I'm considering getting one and am curious how hunters like them? Pros / Cons? Effective range for Coues? Etc.....

I've got one in stainless 7mm-08 and absolutely love it. It's a coues killing machine.

• Like 1

Will be taking my Savage .243 that I picked up from a fellow CWT member :)

My two favorites are my Rem 700 CDL SS in a 264WM shooting 140gr VLD's and my Weatherby Vanguard S2 in a 270WSM shooting 140gr VLD's.

Here is my new toy I will be using this year. Savage 10T in a 6.5 CM. Probably shoot 143gr Hornady's.

Haven't shot it yet but will let you know how it does.

post-1864-0-15508900-1468534074_thumb.jpgpost-1864-0-28350200-1468534095_thumb.jpg

yup- Tikka T3 stainless, .270 with Nosler hand loads- 130 grain. drives tacks. Gun shoots better than the idiot behind it. Just put a Vortex 6X24 on it. Had a Leupold on it but went for more magnification. Coues deer 2 years ago was shot at 582 yards. Really like the gun. adjustable factory trigger and really likes the Noslers

• Like 1

Sako 85 longrange hunter in .338 lapua or a rem 700 in 270 both guns shoot paper great. I need shooting lessons so i can hit a animal.

• Like 2

Custom 257 weatherby shooting 115 vld topped with a vortex viper hslr 6-24x50

I got tikka .270, nosler brass, 140 grain accurbond a, vortex scope, shooing right at 3,000 fps, sub MOA. Last year hit my couse right exactly at 400 yards one shot drop. I have center plate 750 yards, but most .270 BC is around in the .500 while heavy 30 cal and light 6.5 you can get in the .600 BC. After this hunting season I'm rebuilding my .270 to a 6.5-.270 AI. I want the 6.5 BC and a couple hundred fps faster. When shooting out to 700 yards its a bit finicky. I heard of a lot of guys shoot with lot more ease with the 6.5. If you are planning on only shooting out to 500 yard max then the .270 will get the job done without a problem. I personally would just keep my .270 the same but all these no good CWT guys are making me depress with their new gun builds! :(. I blame you CWT

• Like 3