My wife is interested in going to a lake she heard of that a person can see big horn sheep from. I told her I though Apache lake is one lake that I have heard of sheep sitings. Can anybody give me some help? I know G$F advertised viewing sheep for a fee I think Lake Meade.....I am not interested in going there, guess just curious for confirmation that sheep can be found around Apache Lake? Thanks for any help, I don't have a tag just wanted to jump on the interest my wife has in seeing the sheep hoping to get to do some fishing along the way!!!

Jeff

• Like 1

Seen them on All the Salt River Lakes , Though at Rosie it was on the west side across from the young turn... Canyon has always been the best IMO to find them though

Canyon is your best bet. I think they are rutting right now. Good luck and post pic's.

You can also launch on the river at I40 az/cal border and go towards havasu usally lots of sheep in the first big backwater at the start of the no wake area.

• Like 1

The most sure fire way to see sheep is driving through morenci

• Like 3

I agree that Canyon Lake is your best bet to see bighorns.

• Like 1

I actually agree with that but I spoiled her last week while fishing reservation lake and watching two turkey hens and a bunch of chicks feed along the bank so now she is luring me to go on a "fishing" trip to see sheep! She really just enjoys seeing different places here in AZ. I am all in with that.

Canyon lake. Last time I was there saw 30 sheep easy. Coues too

Canyon and Apache are where I've seen the most. Workman's Creek was definitely the biggest ram I've seen, but that was in the 80's.

With a spotting scope you can spot from any of the turnoff on the Apache Trail across the lakes. Burnt corrals campground comes to mind.

• Like 1

Take her fishing at lower eagle creek near morenci.. you'll see a ton of bighorns while catching some catfish and smallmouth bass... it's a win win for the both of you

• Like 1