Allforelk

Anyone else heading to the high country?

I need to reset. Time to get out of this heat and dissappear for the weekend. I got the ok to take a half day tomorrow and beat the Northbound traffic up 17. I want to drink a beer on a dirt road. I want to burn boot leather. I want to shadow elk all day. I want to watch the Bulls settle in for a morning rest. Most of all, I want to escape all the B.S. associated with being able to afford these habits.

• Like 13

Heading up Saturday morning for day trip.

Reset is always good!

I'm not that far behind you. We will be heading out at 0600 Saturday for a week in Yellowstone NP. Picked up some flies and tippet on the way home and will be loading up the truck tomorrow. Spent the last 4 nights pre cooking all our meals so we can roll back into camp after dark, dead tired and just reheat the meals in some boiling water without having to worry much about dishes. Plan on fishing the Lamar Valley, and contemplating bringing a spinning rod when we float down the snake on our raft in Grand Tetons NP. We are also stopping at Zion NP on the way up and the Moab on the way back. I'm not sure how refreshed I will be (I'm doing all the driving), but I know I'm looking forward to no emails, no meetings and no mandatory overtime for the next week.

• Like 4

Set up the trailer about 2 hours ago. I was doggin the truck pretty hard up 7 mile and go figure, it throws an overheat code 2 miles from camp!

• Like 1

Daddy daughter trip up north I will be heading just a bit behind you on the I 17. I'm Thinking about taking her fishing for the first time on Saturday

• Like 8

Set up the trailer abbot 2 hours. I was dogging the truck pretty hard up 7 mile and go figure b it throw an overheat code 2 miles from camp!

what are you driving, a ford?

• Like 1

Had to be a dodge. Fords don't break down......................BOB!

• Like 4

Spent the week up in unit 8 for just this reason. Sipped a few beers on some 4 low back roads, glasses some deer and elk, flung some mud, dinner at rods steak house ( I don't recommend it) , threw the bed rolls out on the ground and slept 8 hours. A little hiking and scouting then rounded off the week watching the morman lake elk in the spotter.

• Like 3

When heading to the high country please don't go through Payson.... Please

.i feel like i need tetanus shot just driving through payson longhorn country, but its better than globe.

• Like 2

Heading out to do some scouting but it's only at 4000 ft. Still hot as balls but looking at something other than work makes it worthwhile.

• Like 1

Had to be a dodge. Fords don't break down......................BOB!

Even throwing two codes my DODGE will out pull a powerjoke.

Forgot to turn my tuner town, so it threw a turbo over boost code.

Let the truck cool, turn the turbo down and all is good.

• Like 2

Spent the week up in unit 8 for just this reason. Sipped a few beers on some 4 low back roads, glasses some deer and elk, flung some mud, dinner at rods steak house ( I don't recommend it) , threw the bed rolls out on the ground and slept 8 hours. A little hiking and scouting then rounded off the week watching the morman lake elk in the spotter.

Now that sounds like a vacation!