Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Tonto Pass

Don't know where you are driving in from, passes sold at Quick Trip on Ellsworth/University also at the Chevron Ellsworth/Brown Rd.

Don't know where you are driving in from, passes sold at Quick Trip on Ellsworth/University also at the Chevron Ellsworth/Brown Rd.

That is what I was told 2 weeks ago and then when I went down there everybody told me they were "sold out" and that I would have to go to the Forest Service office on McDowell......every place I pulled into said "No Tonto Passes all sold out"!

Coming in from Snowflake through Payson!

I would try along the way. Globe maybe? Local stores out for weeks. Tards at Tonto ran out and printer doesn't have the right ink. Some government bs like that. Good luck!

I tend to buy 5 - 10 and keep in the glove box... In times when I was out , and where I had been to a couple places on the way being told they are out everywhere. I put a sign on my dash that says " Make Sure Retailers have Tonto Passes if you want people to buy them" and clip money on the note. I am not running around nor wasting my time at the lake do to idiots not doing their job. Never had an issue

• Like 7

I read somewhere that they ran out of paper to print the passes so they were not required for a while. I'm sure they've resolved this issue by now....I hope

Did not know that a shortage of passes was occurring. Have you tried Tonto Forest Service office in Payson? Will be on south side as your coming in to town I think a little ways passed Tyler Pkwy. Good Luck .

Did not know that a shortage of passes was occurring. Have you tried Tonto Forest Service office in Payson? Will be on south side as your coming in to town I think a little ways passed Tyler Pkwy. Good Luck .

My weekend warrior mentality gets me passing through Payson about 7:00 pm on Friday, I will check with some of the local businesses there, maybe the shortage hasn't hit them yet in Payson. Thanks everybody you guys are great as usual!

get an annual pass only way to go. good for all lakes and last for one year from month of purchase

• Like 2

Yep only 85 bucks at Roosevelt office. Not a sticker anymore so can switch vehicles.

I could buy one for you today and meet you when you are heading through Payson on Friday

Thought you weren't allowing folk to drive thru Payson?

Hey Non typical, you just need to drink more, I stumbled into a bar near Frazier horse camp and was able to buy one.

• Like 2

I wonder if they are making some with anti-counterfiet measures. Last few times I was asked where I purchased it. WTF? Are we going to have to prove that we purchased it legally. Kinda pissed me off. Not good enough to have it, but now get questioned about its authenticity.

• Like 1