mbiewer

An app for that?

So after a whopping 6 years, my lady finagled me into updating my cell phone. I figure i should make it worth my while.

Any hunting apps that you use? Mapping or whatever. Just curious about "actual" recommendations... Compared to total strangers

Backcountry Navigator for mapping/gps. Strelok for shooting/ballistics app.

Just bought the onxmaps hunt map for az. Very good so far. I really liked the backcountry nav app too but changed phones so went with onx . Shooter app as well.

Also the Uno App for Archery Hunters... Works Great.

My internet telephone is so old I can't download any applications. I was able to a few years back but I seem to survive with no apps at all. A few apps would be handy to have

that's the boat I was in. The girlfriend's little girl wanted me to download a new game for her to play.... my phone was so old, I couldn't even access google play (the browser wouldn't support it.)

What about weather apps?

thanks for the input. I will start checking some out

My phone comes with a Weather thing on the home screen. I too use Hunt stand and another app " cant remember the name" but They give you weather, wind direction, and sunrise and sun set. there's a lot of other features I highly recommend the app. I know the HuntStand We used a lot On our Kansas hunt and the wind direction was almost spot on. Was pretty cool and helped us figure out what stand to sit.

• Like 1

Offline topo maps

Does not need service if you just look at (upload) the area you are headed to when you do have service. I use it in airplane mode all the time.

• Like 1

Hunt stand and us topo maps. I love the hunt stand app

Not an app and I know some of you are aware of it but my favorite combo (if I have internet access) is: http://www.mytopo.com/maps/

I use it in tandem with the google earth app. When I am scouting an area (or sitting in camp and planning) I pull up the topo maps and then just take a couple pics on my phone so I have a topo map to work with. no fuss or $$$

plus...once I have the pic I dont need the internet anymore so as long as my battery lasts I have customized topo map for the area I am in.

• Like 2

GPS Hunt by Trimble

Used it last year during my hunt in 20c last year and will use it again this year.

And since I have a mil-dot Nikon scope I use the Spot On app.

Looks like my Trimble app was sunsetted early this year so looks like I'll be looking for a new app.