dobbs07

Home Burglarized: Hunting Gear Stolen

Jeez! I hope they catch up with whoever did this. I will keep my eye out down here in Tucson.

from my little experience -- most likely someone from the neighborhood whom has noticed to loading / unloading hunting stuff.

it's easy to see someone loading up for a camping/ hunting / trip - not so much as to know what you have - but know you have it .

I'm over carefull these days when loading guns / hunting gear etc. especially-- never the night before hunt

to have it stolen ? burglarized from your home sucks!

was a lot more taken or just the hunting gear ? no specifics - just askin

thanks for the heads-up - just never know where it'll show or even if it will

Bummer!

I fuke%%N hate thieves :angry: :angry: :angry: , had my 4 wheeler trailer stole right out of yard, and when I worked in DC I could not even tell you how many times my car was broke in to. sorry for your news. I will keep an eye out in Tucson also

from my little experience -- most likely someone from the neighborhood whom has noticed to loading / unloading hunting stuff.

it's easy to see someone loading up for a camping/ hunting / trip - not so much as to know what you have - but know you have it .

I'm over carefull these days when loading guns / hunting gear etc. especially-- never the night before hunt

to have it stolen burglarized from your home isn't cool either

was a lot more taken or just the hunting gear ?

Bummer!

I do the exact same thing, I turn off our street light if I notice a car coming either way i will drop what I am holding or toss behind a bush

Man! That really stinks! I pray you recover your gear. It makes me think...my gear is always laying out. I have a Eberlestock X2 I won't be using anytime soon, if you need to borrow it. I have the older version and the newer version.

Sorry to hear what has happened to you. I hope they catch whoever is responsible. There has been a couple houses broke into in my neighborhood in the last couple months as well. I just don't understand how someone can live with them self after knowing they have stolen someone's property. The people I personally know who have stolen from their own family members has always been for drug money. Very sad to know it could happen to any of us. We have some awesome people here on cwt who are quite generous and it makes me proud to be part of such a group of good guys. Hope you can recover some of your stuff back.

TJ

• Like 1

That sucks! I load in the dark, but in the day time I make sure my Glock is seen as often as possible on my side so they know I am always packing. I am on the no knock list for saturday crowd now for the same reason. Hope you get your stuff back. Sounds like you are close to max on what homeowners will cover depending on your insurance.

Sorry to hear about this happening to you. Your friends here at CWT will help in any way. This is a great brotherhood!

• Like 2

to have it stolen ? burglarized from your home sucks!

was a lot more taken or just the hunting gear ? no specifics - just askin

Bummer!

I have the same idea.

I load weapons in garage with closed door and make sure to keep my gear tucked away as best as possible.

When the family leaves to go camping we hire a house sitter to take care of my noisy dogs and god help them if the every try to screw with her she is a black belt in karate that brings over her shotgun for protection.

That's a real bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Some people really need some more Jesus in their lives.

• Like 6

Really sorry to hear this. With an epidemic of drug abuse we see this more and more. Hopefully the person or persons are caught. Anything I can do please let me know.

Ugh..... Sucks! :(

I just bought this off of this site --> http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/67607-complete-archery-outfit-for-sale/ Complete PSE package, gently used. I'm going to clean it up a bit and give it to my oldest son for Birthday/Christmas this December. That being said, you can definitely borrow it for your archery elk hunt if you would like. Would be better than it sitting unused in my closet until December! ;)

Contact me at 602-399-4769 if you are interested!

S.

• Like 2

The responses and offers from you guys are amazing I really appreciate all the offers to borrow gear. I know how important it is to us being successful, so the fact that you guys are willing to loan it out to a fellow member of CWT.com is extremely generous. At this point I think between family and friends I will be good for this hunt and as far as long term goes I have started the claims process with my home owners insurance company, so we will see how that shakes out.

I definitely agree that it seems like it's a someone in the neighborhood that did it. This is actually the second time in 6 months our house has been broken into. Both times they broke in during a narrow window of time when we were not home, but weren't gone for long. Last time they broke in while I ran to home depot for 30 minutes. This time my wife took my daughter to swimming lessons for about 2 hours, so it definitely seems like someone is watching the house. Last time I'm fairly sure I interrupted the thief because they only got to a couple dresser drawers and my night stand(where they unfortunately got my 9mm m&p shield), and they had filled my pillow case with some of the wife's jewelry and other small items. They left that laying half way out the bedroom door, so I think they dropped it when they heard my truck pull up and went back out the side window. This time they broke in through the back patio door by shattering the glass. (I put bars on the windows after the last break in.) They took my pillow case off again, but can't find what they put in it(this makes me think it was the same person who hit us last time), they hit the night stands again but nothing really of value in there anymore, they then went up to our front room where they found my gear still in my pack and the bows in cases. They took the bows out of the cases, and took the pack and grabbed all the arrows that were loose since I had fletched them just last week.

We haven't really found anything non hunting related that they took, they left our stereo,tv, laptop, and video game console, which seems odd. But they got approximately $6000 retail worth of gear, so they were probably good with their haul. Definitely feels like it's possibly a neighbor, also seems like it could be a young adult, or at least someone in good shape as the window they climbed in last time is a smaller window they'd have to pull themselves through, and this time they hopped our cinder block wall in and out. Will definitely take any recommendations or referrals for home video surveillance system and any other tips about securing my gear. I like the tip about loading ur vehicle at night in the dark, I'll try to incorporate that. Also looking at getting a safe for the optics, and guns although not sure if bows fit in them?

Anyway thanks again everyone for the generous offers and kind words. Means a lot. Been a rough week. Discovered one of my trail cameras was stolen on Sunday, house broken into on Monday, and my bank just called me today saying someone tried using my credit card number online to spend $1600 at Apple's online store. My faith and trust in human decency is/was pretty shot, and you guys have helped to offset that a bit. So thanks again.