dobbs07

Home Burglarized: Hunting Gear Stolen

Hey everyone, posting this here in hopes of spreading the word. Our home was broken into yesterday while I was at work. Unfortunately the thieves made out with almost all of my hunting gear. I had just got back from scouting for my upcoming archery elk hunt sunday night late, so unfortunately all my equipment was still in my backpack and laying out. Wanted to share the full list of what was taken in hopes that someone runs across some of this stuff, it's pretty specific and high end stuff so I imagine it will be a little tougher to unload than your average pistol or stereo system etc. Without further ado here is the full gutwrenching list of things they got: 15x56 Swarovski binoculars (these were probably 8-10 years old and are the lighter green color, had a Jim White unidapter for mounting to a tripod, next they got my Vortex Razor HD 16-48X65 Spotting scope , they also got my garmin Rino 650 gps radio combo, they also took my range finder a leica crf 1200, all of this was inside an eberlestock X2 camo backpack. in addition, and probably most sickening they took my 3 month old Mathews Halon 6 Stone gray colored that I cashed in a pile of sheds I had collected over the past several years to buy. More specifics on the bow as I think it should be most identifiable. It has a custom montana black gold sight with the following options: 5 pins with top two green, middle one red, and bottom two green. The top two are .19 size and the bottom 3 are .10, the sight housing is white(they come stock with nitrous green) and it has a 4" dovetail mounted to the bow. In addition the bow has a black 10" B-stinger sport hunter extreme stabilizer that I removed the label off of. It also has a black trophy taker smackdown pro full capture rest on it. In addition I put a black and gray braided wrist sling on it, as well as black limbsaver vibration dampers between the split limbs, top and bottom. They also took approximately 15 arrows that were with the bow. These are Easton deep six carbon injexion 330's with two white blazer vanes and one black on each arrow. If thats not bad enough they also got my old bow that I was keeping for a backup on my elk hunt and was planning on selling afterwards. It was a 2011 Darton Pro 3800, it's a camo model, I took the grips off and have it taped with black tennis racket tape, it also had a trophy taker smackdown rest on it although it was black and red. In addition it has a Spot Hogg 7 pin sight on it. The string is the original black and green and it has a black doinker multi-rod stabilizer on it.

As you can see from the list it's pretty extensive and is basically everything I had. I'm feeling pretty devastated to be quite honest. It's taken me a number of years to acquire everything and many thousands of dollars, and only a few minutes for someone to break in and take it all. To top it off I have an early archery bull tag in a premium unit that opens in about 3 weeks that I have no idea how I am going to be successful on at this point.

Any tips, or leads would be greatly appreciated. Like I said a lot of this stuff is pretty specific and high profile, i would think it would stand out at your average pawn shop. Hoping someone in the community runs across some or all of this stuff. Planning on giving all the details to all the valley archery shops as well as talking to as many pawn shops as possible, and then just trying to watch on ebay, craigslist, and the online classifieds on various forums. I can't imagine this person is a fellow hunter so thinking they will want to unload this stuff at some point. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am working to try to get serial numbers for some of these items, and will update if I am able to get them. I highly recommend you guys write down the serial numbers on all your expensive gear, if you have not done so already. I can't begin to tell you how badly I wish I had done so at this point.

Thanks everyone.

-Matt Dobler

mdobler07@gmail.com

I am located in North phoenix, roughly near Cave creek and the 101. I appreciate the offer, that's really kind of you to offer to loan something to a complete stranger, and restores a little bit of my faith in humanity for me. I am working on getting a bow sorted out so I should be somewhat ok there, just a matter of trying to get comfortable with it in 3 weeks seems daunting. I am fortunate to have some good family members and friends that have graciously offered to let me borrow some things for my hunt, so I didn't post this to try to get help with that, I just want to try to spread the word to hopefully catch whoever did this and if possible recover any of my equipment. Again tho, I greatly appreciate the offer, means a lot man.

Bummer and hope the crook or crooks get caught. Same thing happened to me about 1.5 years ago, except they broke into my truck right after a scouting trip. Good luck on the recovery.

I got swaro 15's, garmin radios, back up brand new kuiu pack, tripods and rangefinder. Pm let me know what you need and i can help anyway you need.

• Like 11

Wow that really sucks. Did they take other stuff from you home or just your hunting stuff? If it was only your hunting stuff it would seem like more of someone that knew what they were looking for. I sure hope you get everything back.

dang I hate hearing stuff like this. This happened to my dad a couple of years back. Since then I've had a security system installed with cameras throughout the house, and I added huge safe bolted to the concrete foundation. I really hope you find your gear, and I hope you find out who did this. Good luck. I've got a Bushnell "The Truth" rangefinder that you're more than welcome to use on your hunt if you'd like. It's not the the greatest range finder for long distance, but it works very well for archery. Let me know it you'd like to use it. You can use it for as long as you'd like. I didn't draw an archery tag this year, so I won't be using it.

Jake

I got swaro 15's, garmin radios, back up brand new kuiu pack, tripods and rangefinder. Pm let me know what you need and i can help anyway you need.

This is why cw is so great!!!!!!

• Like 3

I'm not sure if it is an option or not but if you have home insurance then you should check to see if it covers theft as well as dwelling insurance. It may be a way to get back a few of those items stolen. A report to the police is necessary first I believe.

• Like 1