dobbs07

Home Burglarized: Hunting Gear Stolen

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you need an alarm system.

X1000

• Like 2

Yep the cost of an alarm system per month is worth it 100%. Plus it helps your home insurance go down a little bit. Make sure to get one with cameras. Without cameras a home security system is worthless. I'm not sure if Vivint is in the Scottsdale area or not, but I highly recommend them. I've been very pleased with our system.

http://www.vivint.com/

X1000

Yeah we have one that is professionally monitored, but unfortunately in both instances it wasn't set. We typically set it almost every time but in my case I didn't since I was running to the store quickly and my wife simply forgot yesterday. That's another oddity that the thieves were lucky enough that when they hit us both times it wasn't armed. We also have signs in our yard and stickers on Windows. In both instances both responding officers said it wouldn't have made a difference, they said most likely the thieves were in and out in under 2 minutes. They said realistically alarms just give people a false sense of security, and they respond to just as many calls where the alarm went off and the thief still got away with items. That's why I'm looking into other options like a video surveillance system, and safe.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you need an alarm system

X1000

ive been broken into before, the burglars were in and out in a few seconds. an alarm would have done nothing. they provide a false sense of security thats all.

X1000

ive been broken into before, the burglars were in and out in a few seconds. an alarm would have done nothing. they provide a false sense of security thats all

The sirens on my system are pretty dang loud, they kinda scare the chit outta ya.

X1000
ive been broken into before, the burglars were in and out in a few seconds. an alarm would have done nothing. they provide a false sense of security thats all

The sirens on my system are pretty dang loud, they kinda scare the chit outta ya.

do they turn on the second someone breaks in or does it delay for 15 seconds?

I'd recommend you contact local pawnshops, second hand stores, bow shops with a detailed list with photos if possible. Hopefully, you have some serial numbers.

Contact manufacturers of anything taken that you have numbers for. Might help you out down the road.

Sorry this happened to you.

• Like 1

X1000

6 doors and only two are on delay , everything else is immediate alarm including screens and windows.

I hate that you and your family are going through. I agree with Trophy on thinking alarm systems won't detour this type of activity and run cameras in our home. If these D-bags ever hit us, at the very least PD will get an accurate height/weight description. If their faces are uncovered, it's on. Below is the link for what I have. I can actually use them to spy on my dogs too😎

https://store.nest.com/product/security/camera/3-pack/

Man, this sucks. Thieves are bottom dwellers!

This is about the only thing that will truly prevent most home break-ins.

Meet Max.

post-8895-0-76481200-1471479457_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

You've probably already done this but make sure you get the serial number reported as stolen to Swarovski, more than likely if they are sold they will eventually be sent in. I'm sure this is the first thing you did. Sorry to hear and good luck bud.