Sign in to follow this  
azbirdhunter88

Getting ready for quail

Funny how many people worry about the snakes. Sure there's always a chance of running into one but you take a bigger risk just going to the grocery store these days.

It's not just about me running into snakes it's about the dogs getting hit by one. You spend a lot of time and money training and raising these dogs, not to mention the love you have for these dogs, the last thing you want to do is put them in harms way with snakes.

• Like 2

Anyone want to get a hunt together this coming Friday or the weekend? My dogs will be ready to rock and roll. I have some good spots lined out.

Might be interested for a Saturday Hunt ?

Funny how many people worry about the snakes. Sure there's always a chance of running into one but you take a bigger risk just going to the grocery store these days.

maybe if your grocery store is off 35th ave and van buren

• Like 1

Anyone want to get a hunt together this coming Friday or the weekend? My dogs will be ready to rock and roll. I have some good spots lined out.

I would so take you up on this if I didn't already have 2 things in line I need to do Saturday (kid's baseball practice & going scouting for my deer hunt). I was just thinking "wonder if anyone would be willing to let a newbie quail hunter hunt with them...guess this answered that question :)

Good luck and be safe out there. Would really like to try hunting\eating quail one of these days.

Yep, I was all talk. Finally got out this morning and 20 min into the morning almost steppend on this SOB.

post-3695-0-42071600-1475434394_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It's not about seeing a snake, it's about crapping my pants after I see one!!!!!

• Like 3

It's not about seeing a snake, it's about crapping my pants after I see one!!!!!

All I can say is it's a good thing they can't launch themselves like a flying squirrel.

• Like 1

All I can say is it's a good thing they can't launch themselves like a flying squirrel.

Or... can they?! <_< :D

Is there any quail reports? This thread turned into a snakefest. I'm heading out in the morning by Roosevelt for quail. Will I be wasting my time? Well, wasting gas? I do have snake chaps and if trphyhntr is wondering, I wear camo pants underneath....

• Like 1

Is there any quail reports? This thread turned into a snakefest. I'm heading out in the morning by Roosevelt for quail. Will I be wasting my time? Well, wasting gas? I do have snake chaps and if trphyhntr is wondering, I wear camo pants underneath....

You should find a few

Hillary scares me more than a whole truck load of snakes. Heck, she probably scares the snakes too