PelaPapas

Anybody here that can bolt down safe into concrete?

We're getting new carpet in the bedrooms in my house. I'll be moving the location of my safe and wanting to see if any fellow members have the know-how to do it on Post Tension slab. I don't want to chance it and do it myself. I've read online people using drop-in anchors and also people saying to get the slab x-ray before to see where the cables are.Seems like every other post I have read people all do it different. I have no intention on destroying my homes foundation :ph34r: .

Is there any fellow members who can do this the right way or someone you know/trust? PM me your price to do this. It would be sometime within the next 2 weeks. Located in TUCSON.

Thanks!

- Vincent

I want to do the same thing. I've heard the floors need to be xrayed.

• Like 1

How about going to the wall? I have a buddy who had steel straps made in the shape of an L. Bolted to studs in the wall and lay underneath the safe with holes and bolts through it and facing up. Nuts on the inside of the safe.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how you anchor it to the floor but you better know where that rebar is. I would talk to some concrete guys to see who you would need to have come out and mark it.

• Like 1

I really wouldn't worry too much about hitting a PT cable if you're just doweling in a couple of inches into the slab. But if you are truly concerned here's a company that we hire occasionally to x-ray slabs for us when we're coring through podium slabs and PT slabs. They can show you anything that's in the slab. http://www.gp-radar.com/

• Like 1

Because this is a slab on grade you cannot x-ray it, you will need to GPR to locate PT cables.

Your slab is most likely 4" thick, maybe thicker in some areas and your cables are centered in the slab.

If you are looking for safety (doesn't fall over on your dog) and not for enough capacity to resist a burglar pushing it over, then you

only need to install a drop in anchor that is 1/2" deep, a 3/8" dia. x 1/2" deep should give you plenty of capacity to hold it in place.

Put more than one if you want

• Like 1

Ya don't mess with that post tension, go to a safe store and have them give you some names.

Yeah thats why I don't want to mess with it myself. Was hoping there was a fellow member here in concrete or know someone trustworthy.

Because this is a slab on grade you cannot x-ray it, you will need to GPR to locate PT cables.

Your slab is most likely 4" thick, maybe thicker in some areas and your cables are centered in the slab.

If you are looking for safety (doesn't fall over on your dog) and not for enough capacity to resist a burglar pushing it over, then you

only need to install a drop in anchor that is 1/2" deep, a 3/8" dia. x 1/2" deep should give you plenty of capacity to hold it in place.

Put more than one if you want

My main concern would be for a break in. So I would want it bolted down good.

I was thinking of doing this. I had no idea there was so much involved.

Thanks for posting!

• Like 1

check out you tube of how a thief breaks into a safe it probably give him more leverage with it bolted down.

• Like 1

This is the only info I need to know! :)

post-8895-0-90604900-1475190271.jpeg

• Like 3