Shawn

Backpack Hunt

Buddy (desertmafia21) and I had spent a lot of time in a new area this year. Between our scouting trips in the spring, first part of October and a few trail cams we had set up we found some cool looking bucks. Never did find a monster but a lot of bucks in the 95-105 range. We left some gear up first part of October. Dustin is smarter than me and folded his tent, gear and hung it in a tree. I left my tent set up with gear inside it. Had a bear trash my tent, broke 2 poles and put big holes in the rain fly. We left a cam on it and you can see if rolling around on the tent. Luckily he didn't tear up anything inside and only small holes in the tent itself so we could make it work. Opening morning we were glassing and heard some deer running up the saddle in front of us. Not sure if a lion chased them or what but they ran right to us. I could not see them, Dustin said one of the bucks is the kicker buck we had on a cam. Dustin dropped him in his tracks at 100 yards. He took his meat back and came back Saturday afternoon. Friday evening I didn't see much. Saturday morning I glassed a buck with double eye guards on his right that really had me tempted but decided to pass. Sunday morning we glassed my buck up on same ridge we had seen him on before. Dustin packed camp up and I boned out my deer. The long 5 mile hike out was rough but the celebration beers tasted so good when we got back to the trucks. It was a blast and cant wait to do it again.

Dustin's buck

post-2541-0-68476100-1477937564_thumb.jpg

My buck

post-2541-0-69947100-1477938212_thumb.jpg

• Like 20

Way to go

• Like 1

Dang, stud bucks for sure! Congrats on the success!

• Like 1

Nice bucks. Great job! I was ROFLMAO thanks to auto correct on the third to last sentence.

• Like 2