down2hunt

2016 Rut Activity

I watched a little 2x2 chase 3-4 does up and down some crazy canyons in 19a on Sunday. Pretty much it though...few random does and fawns

36c 12/9 spike checking but not pushing doe and a small fork chasing a hot doe.

12/10 & 12/11 no bucks just doe doe d'oh

Top Secret will be looking for there sheds will keep you posted.

how about we just go top secret shoot that big son of a bitch. just kidding of course, unless you want to go

• Like 3

In 24a on Sunday. Morning a spike with a couple of does. Evening a mature three chasing a doe with a fawn.

Last night had 5 does and a big fork together.

Had him at full draw but let him walk.

But still no bucks truly pushing the does.

The two areas that I have been in, unit 33 and 36B, have not seem to start yet. Lots of does hanging around but no bucks in the mix (yet). Hopefully, the cold weather snaps them into the fever. I just need to find one that's half blind, can't smell, and walking with his head down through a 10 yard wide wash to make this season happen. *crosses fingers*

DL

• Like 1

Things are getting close! Still seeing does by themselves but starting to see more and more smaller bucks with does and thrashing bushes. Also seen 3 different bucks with one antler completely broke off.... found some good bucks out cruising solo and checking wind as well. All of this is southern AZ

I haven't personally been out looking at mule deer but relatives of mine have been chasing multiple bucks with and pushing does in southern units. They say that they're not pushing does hard but they are chasing off small bucks and holding on to groups of does. This is coming from multiple relatives.