maximus

Opinions on coolers

I'm looking to buy a cooler, in your experience and opinion i'm looking at Yeti, pellican and Grizzly, from what i read the pellican is made in the US and has better ratings but the articles and ratings some times are bias.

please let me know of your experience.

thank you

They are all pretty nice and hold ice forever but......

What's the point of holding ice for 12 days when the cooler only holds 4 days worth of food?

• Like 1

What's the point of holding ice for 12 days when the cooler only holds 4 days worth of food?

If you are going on a week or 10 day hunt and need ice to cool down game if you tag out and don't plan on putting food in the cooler.

• Like 3

I have a Grizzly and like it a lot.

or 150 ICE COLD Silver Bullets

• Like 7

I froze a 32 pack of water bottles, and stashed then in the bed if my truck on the first November hunt. It was BLAZING hot in the bed with my shell, and for a week the bottles stayed no less then 90% frozen.

+1 on the Canyon. After reading all the reviews and watching ice retention tests on YouTube, the Canyon got the nod over the other guys. Saved a few bucks over the Yeti and I have not been disappointed.

• Like 1

or 150 ICE COLD Silver Bullets
lol it's still only 4 days worth 😉

If you are going on a week or 10 day hunt and need ice to cool down game if you tag out and don't plan on putting food in the cooler.

that's a good point
  • Like 1

One thing to remember is the sheer size of these coolers. My 65 quart Rtic cooler is huge but then you open it up and there's not as much room as you would think so looks can be deceiving.

• Like 2

Yeti 45 and grizzly 150 here. Better have a buddy there if you wanna move the 150 when it's loaded. Both make great benches, chairs, step ladders, and shooting bench.

• Like 3

Super happy with my new RTIC 65. Buy two of the RTIC for the price of one Yeti. A side by side garage comparison in the heat of October and both were about equal. 1 week x 20lb bag of ice in each, both still had ~6lbs of ice leftover.

• Like 1

i have a pelican 150 and love it. It held ice for 15 days this year. it's a beast though. extremely big and heavy

• Like 1