Sign in to follow this  
Rumhunter84

WTB 6.5 creedmore ?

I know this caliber kinda gets people going abd im on the fence but im ready to buy !!

What do you guys suggest as a good factory rifle for about 600 bucks just the rifle ?

I already have 200 rounds of hornady ammo as a gift ..

Anything from savage or tikka out of the box is very hard to beat.

• Like 1

I recently bought a ruger American predator in the 6.5.I put decent scope and rings on it , opened up the barrel channel so it would stay free floated on a bipod ( 30 minutes with a dowel and sand paper), put bipod and brake on it, and it shoots .75 moa or better groups consistently with factory ammo. Maybe I got lucky,but I know guys that have the same rifle with similar results. This rifle is a shooter! 350 for rifle,about 900 total is what I have into it.and it weighs about 8 pounds and barely recoil at all. Just food for thought, i am a savage guy as well.good luck with your search, 6.5 cm is a great round

• Like 2

I sure wish tikka would make a creedmoor or a 6.5x284....

• Like 2

I recently bought a ruger American predator in the 6.5.I put decent scope and rings on it , opened up the barrel channel so it would stay free floated on a bipod ( 30 minutes with a dowel and sand paper), put bipod and brake on it, and it shoots .75 moa or better groups consistently with factory ammo. Maybe I got lucky,but I know guys that have the same rifle with similar results. This rifle is a shooter! 350 for rifle,about 900 total is what I have into it.and it weighs about 8 pounds and barely recoil at all. Just food for thought, i am a savage guy as well.good luck with your search, 6.5 cm is a great round

did you try shooting it first before messing with the stock?

I sure wish tikka would make a creedmoor or a 6.5x284....

they do make a 6.5 creedmoor

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Tikka-T-X-Compact-Tactical-Rifle-CTR-Bolt-Action-Rifles-ndash-Blued-Black/2317941.uts

I have been looking at that CTR for a little bit now in 6.5. I really want it, just not sure it's worth the $$ yet or not.

I have a 6.5 C.M. in the Weatherby Vanguard S2. I have never been a fan of tupperware but the stock actually feels really solid and mounts well. The trigger is nice and it shoots stiff hand loads very well. I have been nothing but impressed with this rifle and I would buy another one.

• Like 1

I personally have shot two different Ruger Predators in 6.5. They both shot under 1/2 moa with factory hornady precision 143 ammo. I was very, very impressed! The only change or additional thing I would do is add a timney trigger. The factory trigger is way to heavy for my liking.

• Like 1

I personally have shot two different Ruger Predators in 6.5. They both shot under 1/2 moa with factory hornady precision 143 ammo. I was very, very impressed! The only change or additional thing I would do is add a timney trigger. The factory trigger is way to heavy for my liking.

I was looking at that one but i didnt care for the 22 inch barrel ! But it is nice !!!

I own the exact one big Browns was talking about and hundred percent agree with the trigger but the gun to shoots great and the barrels threaded for a break from the factory.

The trigger on my predator adjusted down to 3 lbs and feels good to me. And no I didn't shoot the rifle before messing with the stock, i could see it needed sanded down in order to stay free floated so I just did it.

Browning makes one in a long range rifle 1000 dollars or so, Ruger Predator is another one over 1,000. Savage would be your best bet for that price range. I don't like savage from cosmetic look and feel but they always shoot true!! Tikka has one but its the CTR tactical model and a 1000 dollars as well. You can go to Bear Mountain and order a Tikka 6.5x55 since they are long actions for the price you are looking at. I've loved the tikkas and bought a .270 in 2003 when they were still trying to get a foot hold on the market. Stomp44 turned that into a 6.5x.270 AI. The action is one of the best, the bolts as Stomp says rarely need to be trued and the triggers are usually really nice. I wish Tikka would get on the band wagon and make a few more calibers available in the US. They have chambers listed but don't always send those over here. They also need to get smart and make some 600 dollar 6.5 creedmore rifles as well. I can't wait so Ive been looking for a tikka acton and im going to build a 6.5 creedmoor rifle. They make great rifles but upset they don't make any 26" barrels