Lance

2nd annual Flagstaff area CWT get together!

I have some bad news guys.

I won't be able to make it up for the get together this year. The Arizona Elk Society is having ther Wapiti Weekend for the kids that weekend and I am teaching the fly fishing portion so I will just have to out shoot each of you guys at 100 yards one by one ;)

How about if we bring our binoculars, spotting scopes, and tripods to do a side-by-side comparison? This would be more useful than any Internet claims and boasts by Ford/Chevy owners.

RR

How about if we bring our binoculars, spotting scopes, and tripods to do a side-by-side comparison? This would be more useful than any Internet claims and boasts by Ford/Chevy owners.

RR

Yes! Including the rest of your gear!

I might have missed it but I couldn't find a detailed map of the precise camp spot for the outing. Has it been posted? If so, where can I find it and if not, could someone post a map of where it will be? I know it's at Marshall lake but exactly where? I will be up there 2 weeks before, camping at Morman ,and would like to look it over before deciding on what camping gear I will bring. Thanks :)

TJ

Hows this? OK, It's not a very good map but it is easy to get there and we had no problem getting any of the camps or trailors in there.

Take Lake Marry Rd to a point between Upper and Lower Lake Marry. Turn up the hill on the Marshall Lake Road. At the top of the hill the Marshall Lake road will turn to dirt where you cross a cattle guard. About a 1/4 mile up (Half way between the cattle guard and the lake) we will be down to the Left. This is the same place as last year. There is plenty of room to camp in this area and we do not expect to have any problems with camping space.

The Lakes are full!

post-669-1210092624_thumb.jpg

Thanks Lance for the map. :D Sounds clear to me. Hope to see everyone there.

TJ

I am going to try and make it and meet some of you guys from up north, is it worth bringing the quad and a fishing pole?

Is anyone going to be there on Friday night?

I was just wondering....How far is it from Happy Jack to Marshal Lake???? It looks like coming from my place I save a bit by going through Payson instead of going to Flagstaff. Thanks, Daryl

I am going to try and make it and meet some of you guys from up north, is it worth bringing the quad and a fishing pole?

Is anyone going to be there on Friday night?

Plenty of forest roads on Anderson Mesa to take a quad ride.

Trout fishing at Marshall and Lower Lake Mary. Pike at Upper Lake Mary. It is hard to fish from shore at Marshall though.

Thanks Red Rabbit. I didn't know if anyone else at the gathering would be bringing their quads or doing any fishing, it was just an after thought.

This "get together" is right around the corner! I hope you have marked your calendars!

I was out at Marshall Lake and they have graded the dirt road in! :blink: I don't know if I have ever seen that pothole stretch of dirt, flat and smooth in my life! So camp trailers will be that much easier to get in!

Does anyone have a problem with us cooking the same food we did last year for Friday dinner and Sat breakfast? Or any new food ideas you would like to contribute?

Last year we grilled burgers and dogs and some people brought some sides and desserts for Fri night dinner. And for breakfast we had Biscuits and Gravy. If that still sounds good then we'll leave it at that. If you have any new ideas for food then be willing to bring it. Thanks!

Remember the raffle! Anyone is welcome to contribute. All proceeds from tickets sold will go to CWT.com like last year.

There will be....

Food!

Several "Guess the score" contests.

Horse Shoes

Several archery competitions

Big Fish contests!

Raffle's

Scouting

Constant Hunting Comraderie

Cool Mt weather

and more!

For the big slimy critter contest, will there be different categories for pike and trout?

Yes by categories.

In inches not lbs.