Sign in to follow this  
pete

Good or Bad idea ???

I have this bright idea to have a sportsman yard sale. I have been a licensed hunter in the state of Az for 33 years and over those years I have taken on what you might call collecting to much stuff or other's would say hoarding. My problem is when I started buying hunting gear for myself I was on a carpenters budget so I bought the best stuff for the little money I had. Now I have been blessed to afford some of the nicer gear for hunting but I never threw any of the old out. I made the old stuff work just fine when I used it so I felt the need to keep it because it does work. Hence this hunting hoarding thing I have going on. I know I could have a heck of a yard sale but this miserable hoa has some rules about yard sale's so I was thinking of having it on another property I have. This yard sale would include tons of gear and gun's with 5,10,20,50,100 dollar tables so you know the price and the gun's would be marked with price too. Certainly everything marked to sell. And it would be just a one day sale. I know I could make more money selling it out right but the problem is time for me the wife and kids and business and hunting take up most all of my time.

The big question is would you come? I think I would load up my son and a couple of buddies on a early Saturday grab some coffee and donuts and go to one of these. For you native locals I remember in the 80's my dad waking up my brother's and I early to go to the sportsman on 7th Av and Camelback because they used to send out flyers for a one day sale first come first serve and we would stand in a line like black Friday to get in the store to score some $1 canteens or $2 elk call. So kind of the same thing except it's used stuff in decent shape for a good price. And I have a buddy doing the same probably going to have a few tables their too.

Just some examples

12 rifle's 4 or 5 custom built 500-1500

4 or 5 hand gun's 300-700

12 trail camera's $20 a piece

2 badlands pack's 50-100

5 hard gun cases $10

3 or 4 gps 25-50 bucks

and on and on and on

Don't beat me down if you think this is a bad idea a simple good or bad idea will suffice.

My story is much like yours. An HOA that sucks and a mild case of hoarding in my part. I have a lot of stuff I no longer use and would like to get rid of. Too much to list but it would be priced right.

I would do this too. I have a bunch of older hunting stuff that I would like to get rid of for cheap.

So far the feed back is what I expected half of us in the same boat and the other half looking for the deal. Well good so let it be. I will try to make it happen next weekend Sat either in Goodyear or Waddell.

If I were you I would get other hunters with their extra stuff that they have sitting around join you and make it like a community yard sale or the flea market. And advertise it. There would be way more incentive and you would get way more hunting or outdoor people. My wife has a yard sale about once a year and usually it is just people showing up trying to low ball everything. Just my 2 cents.

Actually that it what I'm doing just 3-4 of my buddies in the same boat .

It's a great idea however may I suggest donating some of the camping gear you have to Arizona Outdoor Adventures. I donated some cast iron Dutch ovens, some fishing supplies, float tubes, some tents and a few other outdoor camping supplies to them. I truly believe in what Dan Priest is doing for those kids at Arizona Outdoor Adventures.

That is a bad butt idea I have two big black bind from Costco full of all kinds of stuff that I don't need that somebody else would probably love

It's a great idea however may I suggest donating some of the camping gear you have to Arizona Outdoor Adventures. I donated some cast iron Dutch ovens, some fishing supplies, float tubes, some tents and a few other outdoor camping supplies to them. I truly believe in what Dan Priest is doing for those kids at Arizona Outdoor Adventures.

Yes. Agreed. Dan and Joanne are great people. I've donated a bunch of fishing gear to them, knowing it's going to the right place.

• Like 1