Sign in to follow this  
AZhuntingfamily

Rosy Waterdogs?

Ok I searched the forum and couldn't find anything on this topic. I am considering using waterdogs in march on lake Roosevelt to help get the kids a few more bites. I have Never used them before but all the hype surrounding these expensive little critters makes it darn tempting. From what I can tell it is legal on that lake. So are they worth it?

Is Rosey a good lake to try them on or am I wasting my time/money?

Thanks for your input

We did pretty good at Roosevelt years ago catching flatties when the water was up using waterdogs. Though I haven't used them in years. Kilmer's had them before they closed. Only place I know of has any out east is Liar's Korner. You also might want to call the bait shop at Jake's Corner or Hwy 188 Tackle.

• Like 1

Those things have personalities. Saw a Video of one as a pet where it came up to check the guy out that was sticking his Finger in the water. Seemed kind of cute. I'd have a hard time putting a hook through one.

at night, early morn and last light you will slaughter the bass working the shorelines. and the channels and flats will scare heck outa the kids...

#2 hook no weight or bobber except midday then use a slider or water filled cast-a-bubble.

they were $ 1.95 a dozen at jims bait when i worked there in '71.

lee

ps. after a fish gets done with a waterdog it is not done. catch fish with it until it is gone.

• Like 2

Those things have personalities. Saw a Video of one as a pet where it came up to check the guy out that was sticking his Finger in the water. Seemed kind of cute. I'd have a hard time putting a hook through one.

how much disney did you watch as a kid? kill a flathead save a salamander? f

lee

• Like 1

Flatheads aren't cute, and they don't come to greet me by the waters edge. If they did I might not eat them. Would you kill a wild deer that came up and ate out of your hand? I wouldn't.

Flatheads aren't cute, and they don't come to greet me by the waters edge. If they did I might not eat them. Would you kill a wild deer that came up and ate out of your hand? I wouldn't.

I would

• Like 1

I would
I would love him and squeeze him and call him George and eat him with taters. :D
  • Like 6

comparing a flathead catfish to a deer? thats a stretch

No offense Kev, but don't go visit a beef farm.

Hah! No problem killing ugly things, just things that are cute and come say hi to me.

And for the record, I didn't say I would never use one. I said I'd have a hard time putting a hook in one. 5 hours with no bites fishin for flatheads and I'd have no problem making my wife do it far me!