Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Stolen gun recovered

Long story, found last May by DPS in Kingman, charges not pressed by the state. Still no gun back. Stollen in 2011. Any DPS folks here or folks who've been in a similar situation? The original detective has been awesome by the way, not blaming DPS but anxious to get it back.

My dad got pulled over in Show Low a yr or 2 ago and he let the officer know he had a pistol. Come to find out it was reported stolen and he had bought it about 20 yrs before that. Need less to say he no longer has that pistol. Im sure someone was happy to get that call.

• Like 1

It's been 15 years since mine was stolen and then recovered...never go it back. Now they say they have no record of where the gun is.

• Like 1

My neighbor just got his Glock 21 back after 9 years. ATF found it on the other side of the country. It took almost 6 months for him to get it from them.

My phone died as I was trying to post the long version. It was found in May last year and I got a call on a Sunday. Shocked and excited I was told the guys name and that he was in jail in Kingman. I was asked if I wanted to press charges and I said yes. A few months later I get a letter saying they won't prosecute due to lack of evidence that the guy knew it was stolen. I'm ok with that, anyone could buy a gun in AZ from a seemable (word?) citizen and not know it was stolen. A few months after and many calls to the detective and prosecutor in Mohave county I was told they will get my gun to Tucson or sierra vista but due to logistics it may take some time. I'm ok with it since it's been gone for do long I'm not in a hurry. 2 weeks ago I call again and I'm told it's been shipped to Tucson, I should of been called to pick it up. No call as of yet. The guys I've been dealing with the past 7 or so months have been good. I'm getting anxious now, it's found, released, "logisticed" to my area. I want it back.

Wow all these stories are ridiculous. I guess if they ever find my gun or tools I probably will still never see them again.

When I had 35 guns stolen in 2012, we heard nothing from anyone after the initial investigation by a Pima County Sheriff's detective until a couple of years ago when Tucson TV newscasters reported that the dectective had been arrested. I don't know if he was found guilty or not, but he was charged with locating and reselling stolen property.

Bill Quimby

• Like 5

When I had 35 guns stolen in 2012, we heard nothing from anyone after the initial investigation by a Pima County Sheriff's detective until a couple of years ago when Tucson TV newscasters reported that the dectective had been arrested. I don't know if he was found guilty or not, but he was charged with locating and reselling stolen property.

Bill Quimby

that is disgusting

Glad you are getting your gun back.

My dad had 5 long guns stolen when I was young, probably about 10. They ended up finding 4 of the a few months later in a raid on a crack house in south phoenix.

He got them back but he nevery flet the same about them. They rarely came out of the safe after that.

The LEOs didn't return the magazines, which I heard is common. The weird part was one was a British 303, and it wouldn't chamber a round fully when we got it back. He took it to a smith and apparently someone, probably an LEO had pulled the bolt and unscrewed the bolt head a couple turns. It would close on an empty chamber, but not a loaded one.

The one they didn't get back was the one he was most upset about. It was one of the nicer fully engraved Browning BPS 12ga. It was his favorite dove gun.

Harley

My dad had 5 long guns stolen when I was young, probably about 10. They ended up finding 4 of the a few months later in a raid on a crack house in south phoenix.

He got them back but he nevery flet the same about them. They rarely came out of the safe after that.

The LEOs didn't return the magazines, which I heard is common. The weird part was one was a British 303, and it wouldn't chamber a round fully when we got it back. He took it to a smith and apparently someone, probably an LEO had pulled the bolt and unscrewed the bolt head a couple turns. It would close on an empty chamber, but not a loaded one.

The one they didn't get back was the one he was most upset about. It was one of the nicer fully engraved Browning BPS 12ga. It was his favorite dove gun.

Harley

makes you wonder where that one went.....

• Like 1

Harley

makes you wonder where that one went.....

One of the ones that came back was a nice Belgium BAR in 7mm mag so I am not quick to point fingers. That is a dang nice rifle too.

• Like 1

Well I don't have it yet, the stories don't sound promising to get it back even though I'm so close. I was going to call the Tucson office tomorrow but didn't want to step on the ties of the detective I've been working with out of Kingman. Funny thing is, it's a .45 but I was shooting 450 super when it was stolen. The springs are to heavy to cycle standard .45 acp. Soooooo...,, was it no shot this whole time, or did the thief know guns and took my Wolfe springs out to shoot it? I'm not concerned about getting the mags back, I sold 2 after it was stolen but have 5 left. I just hope my gun is the same as I had it. Not getting my hopes up that the holster is still there though.