Sign in to follow this  
cjl2010

6.5 creed

After all the craze settled down with the 6.5 creedmoor I decided to look into it a little more. The more I read the more I liked so Dad and I went in half on another semi custom. Started with a 1986 243 Rem 700 action that had never been shot. Put a Schneider poly 5r fluted barrel finished at 27". Small tactical bolt, HS vertical grip stock, shilen trigger, .250 recoil lug, talley rings, and a g7 nightforce 5.5-22x50 scope. Cerakoted black except for the action, the bluing was too perfect and my smith said I would be a fool to not show it off. Load development went well and 143 Eldx over h4350 at mag length is what she liked. Didn't have a chrono so I will have to validate drops to figure my final fps. Figured I would share. Not the best pictures and they will probably end up crooked.

post-13407-0-44907200-1484966794_thumb.jpg

post-13407-0-16002700-1484966818_thumb.jpg

post-13407-0-03389700-1484966840_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

The pictures aren't crooked, you're just practicing inclined shooting. Nice looking rifle.

• Like 1

After all the craze settled down with the 6.5 creedmoor I decided to look into it a little more. The more I read the more I liked so Dad and I went in half on another semi custom. Started with a 1986 243 Rem 700 action that had never been shot. Put a Schneider poly 5r fluted barrel finished at 27". Small tactical bolt, HS vertical grip stock, shilen trigger, .250 recoil lug, talley rings, and a g7 nightforce 5.5-22x50 scope. Cerakoted black except for the action, the bluing was too perfect and my smith said I would be a fool to not show it off. Load development went well and 143 Eldx over h4350 at mag length is what she liked. Didn't have a chrono so I will have to validate drops to figure my final fps. Figured I would share. Not the best pictures and they will probably end up crooked.

Who is your Smith ?

Nice rifle !!!

• Like 1

Who is your Smith ?

Nice rifle !!!

John powers. Local guy in payson. If your interested in talking to him PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

Nice rifle! What's your twist and freebore?

• Like 1

That's a good looking rifle right there!! What is the total weight??

You also have your load set up how is she grouping??

Rifle empty with no sling or bipod was 9.4 lbs. we were just a hair over .5 minute 5 shot groups with the factory trigger. Haven't shot yet with the shilen installed but I hope we can squeeze them together a little better with a smoother trigger.

Rifle empty with no sling or bipod was 9.4 lbs. we were just a hair over .5 minute 5 shot groups with the factory trigger. Haven't shot yet with the shilen installed but I hope we can squeeze them together a little better with a smoother trigger.

That "factory trigger" I assume is a nice vintage 1986 version, not a pro mark x. How did you keep a rifle for 20 years and not shoot it?