Sign in to follow this  
Chris

2017 4x4 Chevy Diesel , what kind of mileage?

I'd be interested in what this would be as I almost bought a new duramax. Dodge Cummings gets around 19 in town and about 21 hwy not towing.

I have one, but 2014. I do 75% city, 25% highway. Most of the time my highway driving is with a trailer, + hills. I have 15.5 mpg lifetime.

• Like 1

I would be willing to bet 15-17 in town and 16-19 on the highway is about the best you can hope for.

• Like 1

I had a 2016 3500 it averaged 14 mpg unless you count the miles it spent being towed.

• Like 3

my advice is look for a good used 2006-2007 with the LBZ duramax (VIN code D). see duramax forum for more info on why the LBZ is the best duramax ever made

Have you been in a new Chevy? Pretty dang nice. I don't think the OP is looking for a 10 year old 150k mile truck.

But I did watch a 2006 lbz crew cab go through the sale on Wednesday, brought huge money

• Like 1

my advice is look for a good used 2006-2007 with the LBZ duramax (VIN code D). see duramax forum for more info on why the LBZ is the best duramax ever made

Have you been in a new Chevy? Pretty dang nice. I don't think the OP is looking for a 10 year old 150k mile truck.

But I did watch a 2006 lbz crew cab go through the sale on Wednesday, brought huge money

The only reason i mentioned it is I was picking up my travel trailer recently and the guy next to me in the storage yard was also there had had a new duramax. He asked me what motor I had. He told me he bought a new duramax and has had countless problems with it and regrets buying the new duramax with emission systems and wished he bought a pre-2008. He said his DEF heater went out on tank and he had to limp home. $2,000 for new DEF tank (I assume he didn't have to foot the bill). I know everyone has different experiences, and may have been an anomaly, but when my LBZ dies (hopefully another 10 yrs), I don't know if I want another diesel. The government ruined the diesel engine. A diesel used to give you massive HP and torque with great MPG and cheap fuel. Not so anymore. If you buy a new duramax just be ready to get the P21DD check engine code. From what I read on the forums it's a common and expensive problem.

Curtis I'm with you. After my diesel dies I think I'm going back to a gas truck. Like you said owning a diesel has become more of a hassle for little added benefit.