Lv2hnt

Fair Chase in Arizona ...

Its driven by a few elitist that get a grain of sand in their manginas because everyone doesnt do it their way.

Other subjects of irritation for them include -

ATV/UTV

BLINDS AND TREE STANDS

SHOOTING PAST 400 YARDS

GUIDES

RADIOS

FLAT BRIMMED HATS

BAITING

SHOOTING A BOW PAST 50 YARDS

I gotta admit.......FLAT BRIMMED HATS really do drive me crazy!!! :wacko: :D

Its driven by a few elitist that get a grain of sand in their manginas because everyone doesnt do it their way.

ATV/UTV

BLINDS AND TREE STANDS

SHOOTING PAST 400 YARDS

GUIDES

RADIOS

FLAT BRIMMED HATS

BAITING

ATV/UTV

BLINDS AND TREE STANDS

SHOOTING PAST 400 YARDS

GUIDES

RADIOS

FLAT BRIMMED HATS

BAITING

Oopps...sorry my brim got in the way!!!

DB would you be against drawing a rifle bull tag for 365 days from the regular draw?

You mean like NM did this year but ours are only good for five months. Read page 42 of the NM 2017-18 regs.

DB would you be against drawing a rifle bull tag for 365 days from the regular draw?

Right because the odds for drawing that tag would be so much better than drawing the raffle tag. You're talking fractions of a percent different.

ATV/UTV

BLINDS AND TREE STANDS

SHOOTING PAST 400 YARDS

GUIDES

RADIOS

FLAT BRIMMED HATS

BAITING

VYR7Yz4.gif

• Like 1

No but who wants to hunt bulls in april, may, june, and July?

At least with raffle the money goes to conservation, not to new G$F Dodge Rams.

• Like 1

According to the US Forest Service I can place trail cameras out, depending on the forest. Wilderness they are not allowed, some forest have regulations against them, 99% of the forest or other federal lands have no regulations except that they can't be screwed to trees. Now prove abandonment. First look up the definition( to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: Law. to cast away, leave, or desert, as property or a child.) Nothing states I have to check a camera any certain amount of time like trapping does. I am an owner of US Public lands which I can use for my purpose, some of which is regulated and some is not. Camping for X amount of days is regulated and limited. Firewood taking is regulated and limited. Trail cameras are unregulated. So now if a government employee takes my property that is being used "legally" then that is an illegal seizure. They go through the pictures to see what is on them then that is an illegal search. How else they going to prove intent?

Now you say somebody is picking up "litter". Once again let's look at the definition of litter ( objects strewn or scattered about; scattered rubbish : a condition of disorder or untidiness:) Trail cameras don't fall under the definition of litter either. Somebody takes my trail camera, that is being a thief. Go ahead and try to keep justifying stealing something.

Abandonment

Leave your vehicle on the side of the highway for a week and come back for it. It will be gone, towed as an abandoned vehicle. Leave it in the impound lot long enough and the towing company will have filed for abandoned title and now own the vehicle. The fact that you do not feel you abandoned it does not mean it has not been legally abandoned.

Illegal Search

Leaving the camera in the woods is kind of like leaving your backpack in the airport and going home. It is not on your property, in your vehicle, or other personal space, it is not on your person or in your possession. It has been left unattended in a public area and is likely subject to search without a warrant.

Trash

I ran into a bird watcher on my last elk hunt at a tank. At least 8 cameras, 2 pop up blinds and a tree stand were there. He asked me what was up with all the trash. In the setting of an undeveloped, natural, unoccupied habitat any item left behind by recent human activity could be considered trash. With a quick change of policy, not law, any given land management agency could choose to not allow cameras. They would then have the right to remove any they located as trash. You think that won't happen?

While I am not a huge fan of cameras I do own a few and use them occasionally. When I place one on public land I do so knowing it has about the same legal rights as a squatter. If you are aware of an actual federal law that clearly specifies your rights to place a surveillance camera on public lands and prohibits it's removal or search of it's contents please post it.

Thief? No, I don't remove other peoples cameras but I can understand that you may have come to that conclusion based on how I worded my previous post

• Like 1

Man, some of y'all have gotten soft!

Do you realize what 1/4 mile is? It's freaking 440 yards. I can walk that in about 4 minutes.

Find a trail to said water. Place your camera at 441 yards. Learn the patterns. Set up your blind/treestand. Ambush the elk or deer as they come in. Tag your animal. Pack it up. Go home.

I'm literally lol at the freak out that's happening.

440 yards. You think we're talking about the distance to the moon.

• Like 5

Flat brimmed hats have ruined hunting. It will never be the same....

Maybe we can get AZGFD to ban them? :D

Yes please, haha