Lv2hnt

Fair Chase in Arizona ...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.outdoorhub.com/amp/index.php/atf-issues-warning-ieds-trail-cameras

I can see this becoming more of a problem if cameras start getting seized.

A quote from one of the comments on that article....

"If it's not your, keep your booger hooks off it."

:D Never heard them called booger hooks!!!

According to the US Forest Service I can place trail cameras out, depending on the forest. Wilderness they are not allowed, some forest have regulations against them, 99% of the forest or other federal lands have no regulations except that they can't be screwed to trees. Now prove abandonment. First look up the definition( to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: Law. to cast away, leave, or desert, as property or a child.) Nothing states I have to check a camera any certain amount of time like trapping does. I am an owner of US Public lands which I can use for my purpose, some of which is regulated and some is not. Camping for X amount of days is regulated and limited. Firewood taking is regulated and limited. Trail cameras are unregulated. So now if a government employee takes my property that is being used "legally" then that is an illegal seizure. They go through the pictures to see what is on them then that is an illegal search. How else they going to prove intent?

Now you say somebody is picking up "litter". Once again let's look at the definition of litter ( objects strewn or scattered about; scattered rubbish : a condition of disorder or untidiness:) Trail cameras don't fall under the definition of litter either. Somebody takes my trail camera, that is being a thief. Go ahead and try to keep justifying stealing something.

• Like 1

Good luck finding my cams...

I'm not looking for any cameras. I am simply pointing out that when you place a camera on public property there is no way it is protected by the 4th amendment.

Good luck finding my cams...

I'm not looking for any cameras. I am simply pointing out that when you place a camera on public property there is no way it is protected by the 4th amendment.

It is protected under the 4th amendment because it is "legally" being used under federal regulations. The state can't limit my federal rights but they can give me more protections than the federal government does. Yes I pay taxes so have a "right" to use public lands. Read my previous post.

The other thing I thought of is I would like to see the joint powers agreement between the G&F and Feds. The reason I bring this up is a case in Farmington, NM where a vehicular burglary happened at the post office. Farmington PD showed up and investigated and arrested a suspect. They could not produce the joint powers where Farmington PD had jurisdiction on federal property. Yes the post office is Federal Property. Case dismissed and lawsuit won for false arrest.

why are they regulating them to begin with?

Because in certain units ( 9 and 13 mostly), on man made water sources there are 20+ cameras on every water hole. People constantly hiking in/out to check their cameras disrupt other people trying to hunt and push animals off the water source. Those water sources are made and maintained to benefit wildlife but when there is a steady string of people walking to and from them every day, it defeats their purpose

why are they regulating them to begin with?

Because in certain units ( 9 and 13 mostly), on man made water sources there are 20+ cameras on every water hole. People constantly hiking in/out to check their cameras disrupt other people trying to hunt and push animals off the water source. Those water sources are made and maintained to benefit wildlife but when there is a steady string of people walking to and from them every day, it defeats their purpose

that seems like a stretch to me. People come and check waters for tracks during the season too all the time when people are hunting. Probably 100x more than people checking cams. and pushing animals off water? I don't buy that either.

• Like 2

Its driven by a few elitist that get a grain of sand in their manginas because everyone doesnt do it their way.

Other subjects of irritation for them include -

ATV/UTV

BLINDS AND TREE STANDS

SHOOTING PAST 400 YARDS

GUIDES

RADIOS

FLAT BRIMMED HATS

BAITING

SHOOTING A BOW PAST 50 YARDS

NOT SMILING IN PHOTOS

• Like 6

I propose the auction tags be every other year. Im certain the revenue would be made up if the big dollar hunters had two sit a year out and they would let the blue collars have a draw for that tag instead of the super raffle. That would put a smile on some average joes faces

• Like 1

Flat brimmed hats have ruined hunting. It will never be the same....

Maybe we can get AZGFD to ban them? :D

• Like 2