lancetkenyon

2nd Official CWT 200 Yard Fun Shoot

I have the target all made up. I am going to limit this to 40 people. It is a 3 page target, because I suck at computers. To get all of the individual targets I wanted on the paper, it has to be 3 sheets. I wanted to make it a little easier to see for those without big optics, but still be challenging. Also, more "hunting" themed.

Still a 10 shot target. 8 individual targets. One being a 3 shot group, 200 points minus group size. Same rules as last time. But to be shot at 200 yards. No confidence shot this time, as some of you forgot that shot last time. Still the first shot is a cold bore shot.

All targets hit get at least 5 points. Red rings add points. Stars get a 10 point bonus.

Here are the individual targets that are in the shoot. Most are close to the sizes shown. The Jackalope is much smaller, and the 3 shot group outline is 6"x6", so a bit bigger.

Cutoff for sign up is March 17th or until 40 people sign up. Shooting deadline and targets mailed back to me by April 17th.

See here for rules:

Here is the official thread to sign up for the 2nd "CWT Online Fun Shoot".

Post if you are wanting a target to be mailed to you. Then PM me with your address where you want it sent. One per shooter please. 40 spaces available. First come, first served. I will give this until March 17th for signup. I will start mailing out targets by end of this week hopefully as people sign up and PM me their addresses. Shooting deadline and targets must be mailed back and received by Apr. 17th. I will not post scores w. names until all targets are back in or shortly after the deadline. But I will post up when targets start trickling back in.

Also, post your rifle's specs, load specs, scope, etc. A picture of your rifle would be cool too. Please read all of the procedures below thoroughly.

FIRING PROCEDURE:

Targets are shot FROM THE GROUND or BENCH at 200 yards only. This means you can shoot prone, standing, kneeling or sitting if you choose. Post a photo of your setup on this thread when you are shooting.

***The target(s) will come folded in thirds with the center section (CBS*) facing out.

The targets MUST STAY FOLDED as I send it until the first shot is fired at the center CBS circle. - MAKE SURE YOU POST ALL 3 TARGETS AT THE SAME TIME AND ONLY SHOOT THE CBS CIRCLE, AS THERE WILL BE SEVERAL FOLDED TOGETHER

***The first shot and ONLY THE FIRST SHOT is to be fired at the ring marked "CBS" -you will denote on the back of the target whether or not it was a true CBS* (see definition below).

AFTER you shoot your CBS* you must walk out to the backstop and unfold the target. It will now have 3 holes in it from your first shot.

- This will show that the second shot was not taken directly after the first because the target needed unfolded before firing the second shot. This also adds a bit of stress and makes you disturb our position

***PLEASE CIRCLE OR OTHERWISE MARK THE HOLES FROM THE CBS* SHOT

NOW, the target is unfolded and still mounted at 200yds. Shoot the rest of the circles at your convenience.

***You can shoot your REQUIRED 3-SHOT GROUP* at any time, in any order after the target is opened up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REST/EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS:

ALLOWED: Front Bipod/rucksack/sandbags/beanbags. Beanbags, and bunny-ear bags MAY be used in the rear no rear monopods.

NOT ALLOWED: mechanical/tripod style bench rests (front or rear), including but not limited to Hart/Sinclair/Bald Eagle/Protector/Hoppe's/Caldwell etc. No "Lead Sleds" or micro-adjustable rests. - IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PM ME

***THERE ARE NO RIFLE OR WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS*** Please no calibers over .338"

***Also an added bonus for hitting the other strategically placed stars. See target for the added star points (+10 where applicable)

*** 3-SHOT GROUP SCORING

Groups over 2-inch will not add to or affect your score at all.

Your group size will be subtracted from 2" and multiplied by 100 to give you the value added to your score

EXAMPLE:

Group = 0.750"

Difference from 2" = 1.250"

1.250 x 100 = 125

So a 0.5" group would add 150pts, 0.25" group would add 175pts, 1" group adds 100 pts, 1.5" group adds 50 pts, etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multiple ring targets get the highest point ring hit.

TERMS AND DEFINITIONS:

*CBS: (Cold Bore Shot) concerning your FIRST SHOT at the "CBS" circle on the target. To be an honest "true CBS" this must be the first shot from the gun THAT DAY. The gun MAY be fouled and sighted in the prior day, but if you are claiming a CBS, it must be the first shot that day. A TRUE CBS IS NOT REQUIRED, BUT IS A BETTER TEST OF PERSONAL AND EQUIPMENT ABILITIES.

*3-SHOT GROUP:

--fire ONLY 3 shots at the diamond aiming point at any time after the target is unfolded

​On the back of your target, please write the rifle info, and round info, along with username. Mail them back to me after you are done. I will score them and post results.

​8.5" x 14" LEGAL size x3 (unless I can figure out how to make it fit on 2 pages)

3 shot group

3%20shot%20group%20200_zpsitvilah9.gif

And the individual targets

coyote%20200_zpseb2upceu.jpg

Squirrel_200_zpsg4zzhvfp.jpg

Prairie%20Dog%20Target%20200_zpsreifrwxl

fox-200_zpsard0mqvb.png

Jackalope%20200_zpspelktc5s.jpg

Rabbits%20200_zpsyha3vjru.gif

• Like 1

I will start the participant list here:

1. Lancetkenyon - .260 Rem 287 pts

2. Taylor Kenyon - 6.5 SLR 322 pts

3. Cjl2010 - 7STW

4. 5guyshunting - 7RM. 30 pts

5. Big Browns - 6.5 CM

6. Oz31p - .280 Rem

7. Greyghost85 - .338 LM

8. 77man - 6.5 RSAUM

9. Couespursuit - .223 Rem

10. Bholmes - 6.5 CM

11. Carpcody - .243 Win

12. Zachcarp - 7-08 Win (returning champ)

13. Twigsnapper - 7RM

14. Firstcoueswas80 - 28 Nosler

15. Hoss50 - .300WM

16. Green Bullet - 7RM

17. Rumhunter84 - IBM

18. Mfernaz - .243 Win

19. Kingzero - 6 CM

20. Wrk2hnt - 5.56 NATO

21. Lofty - .308 Win

22. CraigK - 7RM

23. AZGutpile - .300RUM

24. DBArcher - .270 Win

25. Mulepackhunter - .243 Win or .308 Win

26. TAC - 6.5 CM

27. Edge - .243 Win

28. C. Cordova - .308 Win

29. Son of 5guyshunting - 82 pts

30. Dad of Big Browns - blow gun dart

31. Jr4asu - .270 Win

32. Kaffer62 - 6.5 Grendel

33. Stalkincoues - 7WSM

34. Joelbiltz - .300WM

• Like 1

Lance, you might want to look over this.

Excepted by feb. 1 and 100 yard cbs. Or maybe i am a little slow

• Like 1

I'll bite on this one. .338 Lapua for me. 285 gn A-Max

post-63-0-38591900-1489367175_thumb.jpg

I'm in, 7mag Remington 700 168 vld, open sights.

Just kidding Minox za5