Apache7mm

San Carlos Lake

Was it a secret? No nevermind the bank sucks can't catch anything I was spinning yarn

You cant catch fish from the bank, what are you talkin bout?

if you want to spend your whole day snagged and retying and stumbling over rattlesnakes and ankle breaking rocks a guy could try to catch some. imo not worth it

You just had to go and mention the snake thing, now Adam will never go.

• Like 2

SNAKES!!!!!! No shore fishing for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

As of today (4/21) there were no permits available at Circle K in Globe, the Good 2 Go convenience store by Pizza Hut has permits once again but their computer went down today, might possibly be fixed sometimes tomorrow (4/22), the Department office in Peridot will be open Saturday and Sunday from 6am to 2pm.

DAN

Dang I'm on my way now to Globe Circle K to get a permit. Does anyone know where I can get a permit tonight? I'd hate to drive 3 hours just to not get a permit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Believe it or not we once had a rattlesnake there try to get into our boat from about 100 yards off shore. The girls scrambled to the rear of the boat while I gave him the ore treatment from the bow. Luckily I prevailed. It was a year about 1980's when the water rose quickly and must have washed the snakes out of their dens. Never forget that crazy day!

Prdtr-

Never fished San Carlos from the bank but know some who have and still killed it. Used to go out every March or so with my dad on his boat and would literally take my pole out of the water to stop from catching fish to take a break. Minnows and Jigs. Even caught two at once more then a few times on a Eagle Claw crappie rig. I am an average at best fisherman who goes sometimes long periods without even touching a rod and reel and still caught them like crazy. Lots of fun. Permits used to be available in Safford area but I hear that is scare now too. Not sure what is going on.

Has anyone been up there in the past week or so. Any issues launching or water level? Any reports?

Thanks

Has anyone been up there in the past week or so. Any issues launching or water level? Any reports?

Thanks

Launching is still no problem. I hear night fishing has been really good. I'm headed there on Saturday.

Brian

• Like 1

We went this morning and fishing was great. Caught a bunch of crappie. A lot of small ones mixed in which is pretty normal for summer fishing. Kept the big ones and released the others.

Brian

• Like 2

did you end up hitting the night bite?

No. Got on the water at 6 this morning and fished till it got hot this morning. Night fisherman there seemed to be doing good.

• Like 1