Apache7mm

San Carlos Lake

4FqY1aa.jpg

Yep definitely skip the minnows right now (Sorry, bait shops). We brought home a cooler full, most of them came off of jigs.

• Like 3

If anyone is headed to San Carlos and has room on their boat please let me know. I would LOVE to get in on the Crappie action!!!!!!!

Adam

• Like 1

76 station in Globe no longer sells SC license. Circle K was out of licenses last Saturday. Ended up at SCAT G&F office but they close early. Good luck you may call ahead to be safe.

Soda Canyon was getting 5,000 minnows on Saturday but sounds like it doesn't matter. I had a great time with my boys. Beautiful day on the lake.post-4343-0-46223400-1492491947_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

If anyone is headed to San Carlos and has room on their boat please let me know. I would LOVE to get in on the Crappie action!!!!!!!

Adam

You can catch them from shore

• Like 1

Adam

Didn't know that, sounds like it's worth the trip to go.

Adam

Yep, when i was a kid we used to go camp on shore and catch crap loads just throwing minnows on bobbers into the bushes.

Did the same thing for years when I was a kid. Me and my grandfather were in a writ up in Arizona hunter and angler in 1983 on crappie fishing at san carlos.

Adam

I've been 5 times so far this year from the shore and done well. The banks were loaded with fisherman

I will be Turkey hunting with my youngest son :)

• Like 1

Was it a secret? No nevermind the bank sucks can't catch anything I was spinning yarn

You cant catch fish from the bank, what are you talkin bout?

if you want to spend your whole day snagged and retying and stumbling over rattlesnakes and ankle breaking rocks a guy could try to catch some. imo not worth it