Sea 2'er

3/17 CC Hits?

I judge rainfall by Mormon lake. It seems to get dryer every year so if there is water in it- hallelujah

Perhaps I'll run out there this afternoon & take/post a few pics for those who want to see them... it's about a 45 min drive. :)

• Like 2

I judge rainfall by Mormon lake. It seems to get dryer every year so if there is water in it- hallelujah

Perhaps I'll run out there this afternoon & take/post a few pics for those who want to see them... it's about a 45 min drive. :)

Any pics of that area would be great. only someone who loves the outdoors can appreciate it.

Takes me 2 1/2 hours to get up there and when we tell people we drove up there literally for a picnic we get the "that's far for a picnic" response.

It's like that "farmersonly.com" dating commercial- "city folk just don't get it"

• Like 1

Any pics of that area would be great. only someone who loves the outdoors can appreciate it.

Takes me 2 1/2 hours to get up there and when we tell people we drove up there literally for a picnic we get the "that's far for a picnic" response.

It's like that "farmersonly.com" dating commercial- "city folk just don't get it"

For sure.

todays city dwellers think that sitting on the patio at Starbucks is an outdoor adventure.

• Like 4

The moisture that's fell up till now def helps. Something everyone's missing is a warmer than average spring. The above average temps put the moisture that's already fallen to good use by greening everything up earlier when the Bulls start growing their junk. All the moisture that's fallen and how wet the ground has been and is combined with the warmer temps is and will put the perfect amount of goodies on the ground for the beginning of their growth. Perfect combo for a perfect start in my opinion. Wish I had a tag. Any bulls at inhabit the lower elevations especially are in full frolic mode right now.

I was out at Mormon Lake yesterday and it has lots of water in it. I didn't take a picture, but it was more than I've seen in a while. Just to give you an idea maybe it was 5/6 full.

I was out at Mormon Lake yesterday and it has lots of water in it. I didn't take a picture, but it was more than I've seen in a while. Just to give you an idea maybe it was 5/6 full.

Any birds out there ? My two sons have youth turkey hunts in 6a

I was just out there for a drive to see the lakes and wasn't looking for turkey. Lake Mary had water going over still but it wasn't over flowing big time.

The only thing better than water in Mormon lake is seeing elk in it. And the only thing better than seeing elk in Mormon lake is seeing early archery hunters trying to put a stalk on em'

We have got our binos out and placed bets on how long it would take them before they gave up. It becomes quite the spectators sport from the pulls outs over looking the lake on the east side on opening morning- if there are elk there.