tjhunt2

Fishing Big Lake

A BB size split shot tiny hook with some powerbait 2-4lb test. Anything else is over complicating it lol. I like the green power eggs

I'd rather go walleye fishing

Brian

you and me both! im ready

Make sure you have some stuff to help them catch craws too... If like most kids around 7 years they will get impatient in the first 30 mins and find it more fun finding and catching craws. Personally, I had my kids off bait fishing by 9 and 10 and at Big lake Floating wet flies on spinning rigs. They caught way more fish, stayed way more excited and loved not having to deal with snags or staying in one spot waiting.

• Like 3

Does any body uses lures there? Much luck?. I have always used worms

Crickhoppers and rebel craws work well.

Brian

• Like 4

All my friends, family, and myself use are Lures and Artificial Flies At all the trout lakes... For Big lake My go to Lure in a Yozuri Pin Minnow ( type depends on if in boat or shore) but crick hoppers, Rebel craws, Z-Rays, in line spinners all produce well up there. another thing you will almost never see are boats on the lake after dark... We have caught hundreds of quality trout working or trolling lures at night.

• Like 1

Small egg sinker w/ split shot; 18" leader to a #6 or #8 hook. Worm, small marshmallow and a salmon egg or two. Our family referred to it as "the cocktail". Lay the salmon eggs & marshmallows on a rock in the sun to firm up a little. Worm goes on the hook 1st, marshmallow 2nd, a couple salmon eggs to finish the cocktail. Works really well when the weeds are bad. The semi stiff marshmallow provides flotation. Toss the cocktail out, let it sink to the bottom, take up excessive slack but DON'T move the bait (avoid pulling it into the weeds). Good luck on your trip.

• Like 1

All my friends, family, and myself use are Lures and Artificial Flies At all the trout lakes... For Big lake My go to Lure in a Yozuri Pin Minnow ( type depends on if in boat or shore) but crick hoppers, Rebel craws, Z-Rays, in line spinners all produce well up there. another thing you will almost never see are boats on the lake after dark... We have caught hundreds of quality trout working or trolling lures at night.

^^^ what he said if in a boat troll the lures he described as well as a beaded wooly bugger with a small split shot pegged 3ft above it and you can have a blast......if you can handle the night fishing and have the proper lights you won't be disappointed

• Like 1

I don't think I've been anywhere a rebel craw hasn't worked! Even had red and silver salmon hit it.

• Like 1

Everyone has the Idea ,lets see some pics. I'M in my busy season going to LA. every day or I would be up there...........BOB!

I'll be up there he week of Memorial Day. Can't wait!

I'll be in Rainbow space 91 with coueswhitetail.com on the back of my 5th wheel. Stop by and say hi. Always a cold one in the cooler. Good luck fishing. :)

TJ

I'll be up there he week of Memorial Day. Can't wait!

I'll be in Rainbow space 91 with coueswhitetail.com on the back of my 5th wheel. Stop by and say hi. Always a cold one in the cooler. Good luck fishing. :)

TJ

Hey TJ! I'll be up there for Memorial Day weekend also. Will be tent camping out in the forest, but will definitely try to swing by to say hello to you and Peg (was hoping to see you this afternoon, but hopefully upon rescheduling....).

Anyway, I'll try to stop in for a chat!

Best,

S.

• Like 1