Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Wild Horses

Emotion over science. Just a sample of what sound management is up against.

"Wild Horses" lmao. I think you could pet one.
  • Like 1

Just make the horses disappear and blame it on the wolves. Let the bunny huggers fight it out among themselves. Then maybe the wolves will be gone as well.

• Like 3

If the truth were known, there are no "wild" horses or burros in North America. All free-roaming horses without owners are feral and have domesticated ancestors somewhere in their family history. It doesn't matter, though. Americans will not accept management by lethal means. That battle was lost in the 1970s, thanks to an activist who called herself "Wild Horse Annie." Much has been written about her, and some of it wound up in movies and books.

Bill Quimby

Bill Quimby

• Like 3

You are correct Bill, Even the true wild horses the Spanish mustangs were still decedents of domestic horses, although having been living in the wild for a couple of hundred years. Some of the first wild horses i gathered as a young boy in the late 1950's early 60's was Spanish mustangs in the Weaver mountains east of Yarnell. These horses had a completely different look to them then modern domestic horses. Of all the horses we caught, not one of them weighed over 700 pounds. I doubt there are any of these horses left in Arizona today,

The worst this Nixon did as president was not watergate, it was signing the wild horse and burro act, and the endangered species act.

What's the difference between the Feral Hogs we have in Texas (actually offering $5 per tail) and the these Feral Horses in Arizona.... Not that i want to shoot horses, but seems we need some kind of management plan to control the population....

What's the difference between the Feral Hogs we have in Texas (actually offering $5 per tail) and the these Feral Horses in Arizona.... Not that i want to shoot horses, but seems we need some kind of management plan to control the population....

Think of all the violin string you can harvest for those tails

This is what is going down in Australia

These guys have been getting alot of flack down under.. Horse are to close to family pets and tools. But I do agree they need to get rid of them. Nor do I condone these pictures, but I don't want to shot a horse

MerlunatripOct2007015.jpg

horse-hunting.jpg

I grew up where these were taken. They don't like to talk about it but this is a huge problem down there. I have a cousin involved in control of these things. They have donkeys, camels horses and water buffalo that are all non native species. The only way that can get them remotely under control is to shoot them from helicopters. You will not find anything on youtube because they have problems with bunny huggers there as well.

^^^ I hear that feral cats have become a big problem down under (Australia) to the point where they are now hunted. Now that would bring the lonely cat ladies out of the woodwork.

post-6408-0-85934300-1498597519.jpgpost-6408-0-98368800-1498597761_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I wonder what the tree huggers would say if PEOPLE did the same amount of damage to the river bottom as these invasive species horses are doing/have done.

Can you imagine the weeping and waling and gnashing of teeth?

I have a difficult time understanding the level of stupidity it takes to defend these horses being down there(the salt river horses).

• Like 1

I would have 0 problem shooting a feral horse if it was legal. If it ever comes down to us hunting cats with bows in full camo though, I'm quitting

• Like 4

I wonder what the tree huggers would say if PEOPLE did the same amount of damage to the river bottom as these invasive species horses are doing/have done.

Can you imagine the weeping and waling and gnashing of teeth?

I have a difficult time understanding the level of stupidity it takes to defend these horses being down there(the salt river horses).

I'm pretty sure a bum started that big fire down there a few weeks ago.

I would have no problem shooting a wild pig, burro and MAYBE a horse. There is no way I could ever hunt cats!!!!!!! I totally understand why they have to hunt them and I fully support it, but it's not something I could do myself.

I'm just the opposite, I have absolutely no problem shooting a cat, I actually cut my bowhunting teeth on the feral cats that came into my yard as a boy. (I wonder if that is why the neighbor lady still hates me?)

• Like 1

I would have no problem shooting a wild pig, burro and MAYBE a horse. There is no way I could ever hunt cats!!!!!!! I totally understand why they have to hunt them and I fully support it, but it's not something I could do myself.

Air soft gun is a lot of fun!! Same thrills but yet the neighbors don't come of knocking asking if we have seen their cat!!