Sign in to follow this  
davidkucharik

ARROWS

I did a search and couldn't find the info I was needing. So, if there is already a topic, please let me know and I will take a gander.....

But, whats the best arrow?

Any thoughts on the Maxima Red's??

I have been shooting the blue selects since they came out with great success. I have some reds, but never shot them yet. They are a little heavier than the blues and a little less straight. I doubt you would know the difference. David

I guess I should add....As of now myself and my youngest son are sharring arrows. So its now time to shoot separate arrows. Im shooting 273-275 FPS with 70LB draw, with 29 inch arrows and I believe 28- 30 draw length...

My son is shooting 172 FPS same length arrow, 19 -20 inch draw length and a 50LB draw

We are both using 100 GR muzzy's.

I was looking at the RED's, but was told at the archery shop they aren't much better than the Gold Tip Hunter XT's. And that My son should be shooting a long arrow probly the 250 XT's, and I should be at the 350 XT's.... They are half the price, but half the quality?? Ive shot Beemans, Red Heads, and Easton Storms.

What I need is good flight and heavy penetration for both bows.....

I like the looks and reviews of the Maxima Red Mathews edition, but feel its not what would work best for both of us.Plus that's probly the sexiest looking arrow available!!! ( and no, I'm not going to shoot an arrow on pure sexualness.....but it had to be said!)

I guess I should add....As of now myself and my youngest son are sharring arrows. So its now time to shoot separate arrows. Im shooting 273-275 FPS with 70LB draw, with 29 inch arrows and I believe 28- 30 draw length...

My son is shooting 172 FPS same length arrow, 19 -20 inch draw length and a 50LB draw

We are both using 100 GR muzzy's.

I was looking at the RED's, but was told at the archery shop they aren't much better than the Gold Tip Hunter XT's. And that My son should be shooting a long arrow probly the 250 XT's, and I should be at the 350 XT's.... They are half the price, but half the quality?? Ive shot Beemans, Red Heads, and Easton Storms.

What I need is good flight and heavy penetration for both bows.....

I like the looks and reviews of the Maxima Red Mathews edition, but feel its not what would work best for both of us.Plus that's probly the sexiest looking arrow available!!! ( and no, I'm not going to shoot an arrow on pure sexualness.....but it had to be said!)

If it looks sexy run with it.

Easton FMJ. End of story! :)

• Like 2

Guest oneshot

Arrow spine is prob off for both of your bows, go to rep archery shop/check spine charts for correct arrows for each bow..and get your draw length measured also...

Arrow flight beats 'sexy" everyday...

Gold-tip expeditions have never let me down...

Im shooting the Victory VAP elites there wicked. Blew through both shoulders of my buck this year @ 47 yards and buried about 3" into a log. also love that they have very minimal wind drift.

Maxima Reds are the same price as the Gold Tip Pro Hunter. The Pro Hunter is the superior arrow of the two.

Maxima Red: .0025 straightness +/- 1gpi

Pro Hunter: .001 straightens +/- .5gpi

I'm shooting black eagles also. Very accurate and inexpensive compared to the carbon express stuff. I shot carbon express maxima hunters for years and I feel I'm slightly more accurate with the black eagles although I have to really on my game to notice a difference.

I've been really enjoying the Victory VAP Tko's. Little missiles!!

i got easton hexx specifically for long range coues sniping, and it has paid dividends.