Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Casa Grande Range

How far can you shoot at the Casa Grande range? I was told they have some steel past 500. Can anyone confirm that???

I just read several reviews for the range, they dont have targets or target stands at the range you must bring your own. I have heard you can shoot long distance there but you probably need your own steel or targets.

There is steel but it's not really part of the range. There is steel (I believe privately owned but I'm not certain) disputed through out the hillside. But do shoot from to those you have to either A. Shoot over the berm. B. Shoot from the berm of the LEO side.

• Like 1

How far can you shoot at the Casa Grande range? I was told they have some steel past 500. Can anyone confirm that???

Just go Adam and report :)

The rifle range itself is 300 yards to the furthest dirt berm. As mentioned previously there are some steel plates up on the hillside well beyond the 300 yard mark, but I do not know the distances to them.

The furthest steel target was over 800. I will definitely be headed back very soon!!!!

• Like 1

The furthest steel target was over 800. I will definitely be headed back very soon!!!!

How large is the plate?? If you don't know just measure it with your MOA marks if you have 1FP scope and do the calculation.

How large is the plate?? If you don't know just measure it with your MOA marks if you have 1FP scope and do the calculation.

You can measure with a 2FP also. The catch is the reticle is calibrated to 1 magnification setting, usually the maximum. On my Nightforce 5.5x22 NSX the reticle is calibrated to 22x. If for some reason I want to use a lower magnification I can use 11X then double the measurement. Not as quick and easy as 1FP which is always calibrated to the magnification but there is something about watching a reticle shrink when I turn down the magnification that I just can't stand. All my scopes are 2FP.

You can measure with a 2FP also. The catch is the reticle is calibrated to 1 magnification setting, usually the maximum. On my Nightforce 5.5x22 NSX the reticle is calibrated to 22x. If for some reason I want to use a lower magnification I can use 11X then double the measurement. Not as quick and easy as 1FP which is always calibrated to the magnification but there is something about watching a reticle shrink when I turn down the magnification that I just can't stand. All my scopes are 2FP.

So you must be more of a show-er guy and not a grow-er :)

BigBrown, How many did you see out there? I only remember seeing one big round one, like a 3ft gong. I thought it was at 650ish or 700.

Where is the shooting range in Casa Grande? I'll be in Casa Grande this weekend with my daughter as she tries out for AZ ODP for soccer. Her tryouts are Saturday morning from 9-11 and then we're free until Sunday morning. After reading this thread, We thought we might take her rifle to practice more at 200-300 yds. My steel target stand won't fit in the back of our 4Runner. Is there somewhere down there, we can rent a steel target set up?