Sign in to follow this  
W250

Best out of the box long range gun?

Out of the box can be $500 to $ 5000 or more. What price range are you looking at?

If you are talking off the shelves of the shops I would say Tikka is up there. I also have a Savage that shoots really well.

Have both a Sako A7 long range in a 7RM and a Sendoro in. 264WM that Lance is doing loads for. I think he is quite impressed with the Sako

Sako or Tikka I have both and they both shoot sub moa, Tikka edges out my sako but cartridge may have something to do with it.

My Rem 700 is sub moa also. Only changes I have made to all these guns was adjust trigger to lighten it. Accuracy seems to come with proper ammunition that matches your gun.

Tikka is great on a budget, Sako A7 Long range it AMAZING. I have a Tikka in 7mm-08 and a Sako A7 Long Range in 6.5 creedmoor. The Sako will shoot 0.3 inch groups at 100 yards with factory ammo. I'm impressed.

I have a Browning XBolt LR in 6.5 Creedmore that I've never fired. I'll let you know when I do.

The best one out of the box that I own is a Rugger M77 with the synthetic paddle style stock in .243. Very accurate.

Have both a Sako A7 long range in a 7RM and a Sendoro in. 264WM that Lance is doing loads for. I think he is quite impressed with the Sako

Both of these are going to be tack drivers.

The Sako A7 LR 7RM shot a ladder test at 300, with 13 different charge weights, into a 2.2" group. 5 shots in a row into .9" elongated flat one hole line. 168 HVLD over H1000. Super easy to adjust the trigger tpp. 1 screw, took it down to 1.7# after I shot. So should be even better next time.

The Sendero .264WM, just sighting it in with generic hand loads, shot 3 different charge weight 3 shot groups at .75". Shots 4-6, 7-9, 10-12 from the new rifle. 130 HVLD over H1000.

If you want a 6.5 creedmoor I HIGHLY suggest the Ruger Predator. Every one I have seen shoots 1/2 moa or better with factory ammo. My brother in law's gun recently shot a 1/4 group at 443 yards. For only $400 it's an Amazing gun. If you want a larger caliber it's hard to beat a Savage or Tikka.

• Like 1

My wife has a Weatherby Camilla in 6.5 creedmore and it is a tack driver I have been really impressed with it. After my oldest son shot it he has caught the long range bug and wants something in 7mm. All the comments have been very helpful and I can't wait to get him set up!