Sign in to follow this  
W250

Best out of the box long range gun?

Don't forget Kimber rifles... They are known for out of the box goodness..

Very hit and miss for accuracy and the factory stocks didn't fit me well at all.

• Like 1

My factory savage LRH in 300 win mag ended up with a 2.5" group at 700+ yds when lance was done working up a load. No aftermarket work done to the gun.

I love my Savage Long Range Hunter in 7mm have shot out to 1K amazingly well with hand loads.

Or just buy a model 700 and upgrade it as you save up. True the action, barrel swap, upgrade the trigger, then the stock, and finally have it glass bedded.

My factory savage LRH in 300 win mag ended up with a 2.5" group at 700+ yds when lance was done working up a load. No aftermarket work done to the gun.

747 if I remember correctly.

My rifle still amaze me every single time I go to the shooting range. My groups are one bullet hole practically. Remington 700 in 257 WBY MAG. I shot factory loads WBY ammo Nosler ballistic tip 115 gr.

• Like 1

My rifle still amaze me every single time I go to the shooting range. My groups are one bullet hole practically. Remington 700 in 257 WBY MAG. I shot factory loads WBY ammo Nosler ballistic tip 115 gr.

I thought you sold that one?

I thought you sold that one?

No, still have it.

Man, if I were in the market right now it would be between a Sako A7 in 6.5 creedmore and just about any .257 WBY. Don't get me wrong, I love my Savage 300 WSM, but something about those smaller bores has me gravitating toward them.

Don't think you can go wrong with a Tikka. I have had a .257 Roberts and three 25-06's, couldn't find any attraction in a quarter bore, there are plenty that do, but I couldn't.

Europtics.com. Is blowing out tikkas right now. And some good deals on Sako. I own two tikka and the clover every time