Sign in to follow this  
LJSIII

Looking for a scope for my muzzleloader

Like the post says I need to get my muzzle loader set up and I am in need of a scope for it. If you have any suggestions or anything laying around I would like to hear from you.

• Like 1

Just about any 2x7 or 3x9 would be just fine.

High magnification scopes are not necessary.

Don't get caught up in shooting too far. With muzzle loaders you might be able to hit far with it but they do not carry the energy like center fires.

Don't know anything about muzzleloaders, but a friend of mine has one with a Nikon I believe its an Omega, it was spot on to 250 with the load recommended with the scope.

When I upgraded my muzzleloader scope a few years ago I narrowed my choices down to the Nikon inline and the Leupold ultimate slam. Both had muzzleloader specific reticle with lines or dots for diferent yardages. In looking through them side by side at Sportsman’s and Bass Pro the Leupold was noticeably clearer and better glass so I went with it.

• Like 1

I have the Leupold UltimateSlam LR 3-9x40mm CDS muzzleloader scope on mine. It has a turret that is for the Remington 700 Ultimate muzzleloader . I hope to get to use it.

I have a Vortex Diamondback 3-9-x40 with the Dead Hold BDC reticle which is commonly used for muzzys. It would come with rings as well if your interested. Nothing wrong with it, just not using it at this time. I'm located in NW Tucson

I can do $150 with rings, it's in great shape. It has the drop lines for multiple yardages. Let me know, I can text you pics if your interested.

Thanks, Justin

When I upgraded my muzzleloader scope a few years ago I narrowed my choices down to the Nikon inline and the Leupold ultimate slam. Both had muzzleloader specific reticle with lines or dots for diferent yardages. In looking through them side by side at Sportsman’s and Bass Pro the Leupold was noticeably clearer and better glass so I went with it.

How do you feel about the dots at longer distances say a 200 yard max? I am worried it will take up half the animal?

I put a Leupold 3.5-10x40 on mine with a CDS turret that for one rotation goes to 350ish 375ish iirc.

Have shot it at 300 at. 10"x10" steel plate and have no issues with consistent hits.

I think i have an unused cabelas muzzleloader scope lying around. Ill look around for it. Its yours if you want it. I got it as a package deal but liked the open sites. Im in tucson.

My Leopold ultimate slam works great. Shot my goat at 115 and 185. Dots aren't too big.

Im running the nikon buckmaster 4x14x40 with bdc reticle. For me I like to have the extra power just to be able to see things better even at 100 yards.

Im running the nikon buckmaster 4x14x40 with bdc reticle. For me I like to have the extra power just to be able to see things better even at 100 yards.