Sign in to follow this  
buglethemin

300 win mag load

Now go verify at distance. I have seen great 100 yard groups open up like crazy at 400-800. It is rare, but it does happen. Now is the time to verify that is not the case. Not when shooting at a distant elk.

Well it took my 130 inch coues buck at 590 yes and my Colorado buck at 875 and my buddies first wt at 850 and it was the first time he ever fired my rifle too. It's on😃 I actually got that load working back in early September and it did great out to 700 hitting 8 inch steel. I'm in love w that rifle and round. Couldn't ask for any better. Thanks guys

• Like 2

On 9/6/2017 at 11:38 AM, GreyFox said:

168 Barnes with a max charge of IMR 4350 (my go to powder) - remington brass and Mag primers,

Honest 3200 fps, and sub MOA at 300 (farthest I can stretch out on my place here in Georgia).

Thanks, I was thinking so dumping my 300, But I'll try the 168 or 178 now.

For those looking at 300wm loads it seems the 215 berger and H1000 go together like hot wings and cold beer. I've been running 212 ELD-Xs with good velocity.

I'd be most interested if guys have found anything good with the 225gr ELDM!

To the OP- glad you found something that worked for you- what powder/charge weight did you settle on?

On 10/13/2019 at 5:43 AM, duckhunter175 said:

For those looking at 300wm loads it seems the 215 berger and H1000 go together like hot wings and cold beer. I've been running 212 ELD-Xs with good velocity.

I'd be most interested if guys have found anything good with the 225gr ELDM!

To the OP- glad you found something that worked for you- what powder/charge weight did you settle on?

try the finland powder number is 560 have had good hits out to 1500 using the 225 rifle used 1956 weatherby 300mag 26 inch barrel mauser action. yes I know a different style brass than what is being used  but that powder from finland works great and has good findings

4 hours ago, Rotorhead said:

How do the Hybrid Target 215s work on game?

Excellent.  From coyotes to Coues to Mulies to black bears to bull elk to moose.

5 hours ago, Rotorhead said:

This year my guns put down coyotes deer and elk 300 winmag 215hybrid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rossislider said:

Better than the VLDs, which are total garbage on the bigger animals.

The vdl’s were ok with good shot placement 

1 hour ago, rossislider said:

Better than the VLDs, which are total garbage on the bigger animals.

I have only taken 1 Coues and 1 bull elk with VLDs. They put both down hard but I could find very little left of the bullets. I am learning something new here today. So do the the Hybrids come apart at all or act like a FMJ? Thanks for the info. 

6 hours ago, Rotorhead said:

We have taken multiple deer (10)  and elk (3) with  215, hammers them. No problem. 

• Like 1